Rental Fee... How much will it be?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Anendrue, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Under STORE >> PLAYER OWNED TOWNS >> any town selected it states -
    "Notes: There will be a path to achieve this in game via in game gold purchase but the ownership of the scene will incur a rental fee"

Will this “rental fee” be an in game currency fee or a real life fee in dollars?

If the fee is in real dollars, how much will it be? As potential town owners we deserve to know how this will be implemented. It is one thing to pay a set fee and quite another to have paid that fee and have an unknown rental fee to be pressed upon us at a future date. If exact figures are yet to be determined can we get an expected high and low range of the cost.

If the fee is in game currency, it could be quite a challenge until towns are up and running with players. So will the cost be mitigated the first few months, allowing characters to be developed and able to handle the costs associated with owning a town.

Either way we are asked to pay an upfront purchase cost with an unknown monthly cost. That leaves no way to evaluate the potential costs and return on investment. Hopefully we can get these questions answered by an authoritative figure.

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I asked the question a long time ago, back then the answer was that it would be in-game gold and that there was no intention for this to be a $ transaction. Of cause everything is subject to change but I haven't heard of anything as to them changing their mind.

Its impossible to say at this moment in time to guess what the in-game cost is. The most information I have obtained (once again was a while ago) was that a single player should easily be able to afford the upkeep on one house each month. However a single player would find it very challenging to afford the upkeep on two houses in a month and fairly impossible if the player owned more than two.

I expect that the devs will be looking at the stats over the Alpha/Beta period to establish the average amount of gold that is being farmed per hour......from that I expect they will work out what may be deemed reasonable in terms of tax.

BTW........Welcome to the community! :)

mbomber, Arianna, Moonshadow and 3 others like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome abj9562!

4. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Thank you for the prompt reply.
    Maybe I was unclear, the upkeep cost of houses doesn't really apply to my question since that will be paid by lot holders and home owners. I am seeking an answer to the rental fee for owning a holdfast, hamlet, village etc...
    Or are you saying we would incur a fee according to the number of lots we design into our town?
    ie Holdfast with 1 city lot, 5 town lots, and 7 village lots would owe for all 13 lots even while unoccupied by in game players?

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ok this is a bit of a grey area at the moment as not much has been discussed for a while on Player Owned Towns.

If you purchase a Player Owned town from the store, you will not incur any rental charge on that town. In saying that you will only hold the 'key' to unlock the plots for players who wish to place in your Town. At the moment if a players owns a Tax Free lot deed/house and you let them place in your town then no tax will be charged. If a player buys a lot deed/house in-game and you let them place in your town, they will be charged tax that will go into a gold sink (not to you).

There is currently lots of questions surrounding this because it has been mentioned that if you purchase a POT in-game with gold, you will pay tax (no idea how much......think its a long way off before it would happen). However there is currently no mention of a mechanism for a POT owner to charge their own tax on players who they let place. The only comments on rental abilities that have recently been mentioned are where you own the lot deed/house and you rent that to another player (whole house or by room).

I would strongly recommend you watch this hangout on Housing/Player Owned Towns

mbomber, abj9562, Arianna and 6 others like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Duke Invidia and Duke Ezekiel
    These :rolleyes: are two very wise and well read players of our game that keep current on the information that is currently available :)

It's very difficult to keep up on all our game's current thinking, because as our world's concept expands, thus does every particular of each subject within it. Another way of looking for information, is to look back at old posts made by such players as these two :rolleyes: players. That's how ~TL~ gets most of his information ;) I stalk smart player's old posts to see what they have said or questions they've asked in the past.... "I confess, I'm a SotA Stalker" :( and then I take that same information and regurgitate that information back into our forums, as if I knew all that info in the first place :D

Our Suspicions of ~Time~o_O
    ~Time~ is a one of the best estimates to predicting what may happen in our game's development... "not me" :)... "But average playing ~Time~ itself".
    When we think of what the average playing time will be for the average player, we must look at how many days of the week most players will be spending in our game. Most players have real life jobs, or schools they attend, plus their outside of game social life, which all factors into what our developers are basing their own opinions from. "Even they truly don't know enough to place their words in stone", because our game is still in it's development.
    My own current thinking, with allot of error in the guess work in it all o_O, is that most average avid players, will be spending an accumulative total of 1 real day's ~Time~ in our game. Continued guessing, leads me to believe that when our creators say things like "housing will be rare", they are basing those opinions on how those average players will be wishing to spend their gold. This leads me to believe that our banks will be offering allot of space inside them, which will resemble more of a storage space, than they will resemble a real world bank account, thus housing will be an achievement, rather than a given easy thing to buy or have easy upkeep on. Thus, "what we earn has more real value", because our developer's creative thinking, is to add more true value back to it's players.

BTW: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...in-game-for-purchase.13607/page-3#post-264918 <---<<< this is a thread where such player's are pondering about farming and how it may be effecting our P.O.T.'s future designs. Our gaming world's subject matters are no longer as separate as they once were, because all subjects are now being placed together and thus connected in one way or another to each other, so, our deductive reasoning does help better define our vision into what may come throughout our game's constantly changing evolution where nothing is certain... "except it will be the finest, most inclusive game ever made in history" ;)

Duke Invidia and Duke Ezekiel have invested much into our game, and that's why I stalk them, because there's much to be learned by their knowledge, insights and speculations :cool:

So to everyone I say, "Become a SotA Stalker!" :D You'll be glad you did ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

Thank you for your responses and links. These were very informative and helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.