Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair Kits and the economy

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by deaconthasmoker, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deaconthasmoker

deaconthasmoker Avatar

I've been thinking this needs to be looked at.

Repair kits should either have their prices increased on vendors, or my preferred option, completely removed from vendors, to make crafting them become a player economy, and the added effects it would have on the entire economy.

Right now crafting repair kits is pointless imo. The difference in the cost of making one vs buying one from the vendor, while factoring in the time to get one both ways, makes buying them much more economical to the player, and really factors out a viable player driven portion of the overall economy.

Why I think they should be removed all together has many reasons.

First, weapons and armor of the lower qualities are currently just vendor trash. Removing them would make regular gear have more meaning than just collect and sell, or collect and scrap. The cost of repairing your badass sword or chest armor right now is too low, expensive things should have expensive upkeep.

This in turn would make the lower level scenes need to be utilized more for finding and replacing your low level gear.

Making them craftable only would create a need for people making them, which would help to take more resources out of the market.

This would also make the master crafter's crazy plate mail set more valuable, or that high stat bow. You would need to make choices on whether to use it all the time, take it into pvp, etc.

What's everyone's thoughts on repair kits? remove them from vendor NPC's? Raise the prices? Leave it the same?

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'm of the opinion that they have left repair kits on NPC's for now, because here in the beginning they are not yet widely available on player vendors - so they cut us some slack for a while on this.
    I suspect that they will remove them from NPC's as we proceed - down the road.
    Richard is determined to have a player run economy, but it must first evolve a bit before that is completely possible......
    Patience grasshopper.... ;)

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.