Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Body Slam is borked when used as "heat" glyph

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by FrostII, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

9/18/2017 12:22 AM
    Title: Body Slam is borked when used as "heat" glyph
    Reproduction Rate: Unfortunately it varies.
    Blocker? no
    Details: Since the recent addition of "heat stacking", I've been using it on several skills without problem.
    Body Slam, however, continues to be problematic.
    A single mouse click on Body Slam will, quite often, act as though I had "held it down" (when I most assuredly have not done so).

Very annoying, and captured it tonight in a fight.

Please see the video below and watch when I "single click" on Body Slam and it responds as if I had held it down. You can tell by my mouse movements that I had NOT held it down.

Steps to Reproduce: Lock Body Slam in combat deck, mouse click it and watch.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 12286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woMzQ5LjUzMywgMzYuOTUyLCAyOTcuMDM2KXwoMCwgMC4xNjcsIDAsIDAuOTg2KXwxOS42ODQzMXwxMi4yMTY0Nnw2LjQ5MjUzNw==

Rentier likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I can't make videos but i also noted that a short click sporadicly takes the glyph instead of casting it midcombat or does load it up instead of casting....

I think there is an issue with "click", "click and hold" and "click and hold and move" detection from client to server.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@FrostII
    @Rentier

If you move your mouse slightly while in a long single click, depending on the mouse sensitivity, it will act as if you are attempting to click and drag the glyph into another slot. If you hold the glyph your mouse will grab it, and if you bring it all the way to another slot, it will snap into place. If you don't drag it all the way to another slot and release it will snap back to where it was.

I did open a bug for that as it can cause issues, as shown in the video.
    In the meantime, you may want to change your mouse sensitivity settings to find the sweet spot of what will work as a single click without holding or 'grabbing' the glyph.
    Bug #: 50417

4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie
    if i reduce the sensitivity the movement is too slow and i need to move my mouse faster and a longer way - but sadly I am not able to do so recovering from an operation...

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    What mouse "sensitivity" effects how a single click - "clicks" ?
    My mouse "sensitivity" always works on every other glyph, so what makes Body Slam "special" in that regard ?

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@FrostII
    It's not DPI setting related, but not all mice are created equal when it comes to a half second click to a full second click, is all.
    I say that as a shot in the dark because I cannot repro this with Bodyslam. It seems to work just like any other glyph in my combat testing. It is hard to tell how long you may be clicking on your end, but it is clear that it is charging up based on your video.
    I am seeing and getting reports of what Rentier described - it doesn't seem to be glyph specific, however.
    I'll continue to look into it but right now I cannot tell why you are just seeing it with bodyslam...

I'd check your FPS by using /debug to see if you notice a pattern of it happening more when your FPS is higher. I wonder if lag is related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.