Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed] bodyslam teleports target

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Elnoth, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

4/20/2017 8:38 PM
    Title: bodyslam teleports target
    Reproduction Rate: 20%?
    Blocker? No
    Details:When I bodyslam a target it vanishes - it seems to teleport to a previous location.
    Steps to Reproduce: bodyslam targets
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (12) System RAM: 24567
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6048
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.483.Date.04.19.17
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills01_VerdantisMines
    Area Display Name: Verdantis Mines
    Loc: (-21.3, -23.4, 38.1)

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Submitted for review! Thanks! 44616

3. uhop

uhop Avatar

Confirming for body slam. The same for shield charge. It mostly affects humanoid archers, but I saw it with mages and even regular melee fighters. This bug makes almost impossible for a melee fighter to fight ranged/mage users --- instead of stunning them, or knocking them down, it teleports them so they can shower you with projectiles from afar in safety. Effectively it helps all projectile users targets, rather than hurting them or impeding in any way.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're having difficulty observing this on build 487. We may need a more specific reproduction case if possible.

5. uhop

uhop Avatar

@Attenwood: I see it all the time. It is actually difficult to fight melee with this bug, because instead of hurting enemies all slam-like effects helping them to kill you.

I had it all the time in Superstition Canyon (not the CP itself, but in both valleys around it populated with humanoids. Elysian Plains (the bandit-controlled areas), with many archers, and mages, is another great area to repro it:
    • Select an archer (they have higher probability of being teleported)
    • Slam/charge him, and if he disappears, immediately check, if it is on the ground.
    • Sometimes he will be not there, and you have to look around. The enemy can be "teleported" ~30ft, or even more in random direction.
    • In some cases, he vanishes completely (I suspect he is teleported inside rocks, or something).
    • The best way to observe the teleport effect is to do it on an open plain.
    In general, it is a probability thing:
    • There is a probability that a guy will be knocked down. Sometimes he is not.
    • If he is knocked down, it can be legitimately knocked down, and you can find it at your feet, or in some small distance in front of you.
    • Yet there is a probability that he will be "teleported" far from you in a random direction.
      • For some reason, archers are more probable to be teleported.
      • Mages are less probable to be teleported.
      • Fighters are rarely teleported.
      • Non-humanoids are never teleported, or extremely rare --- I cannot report a single confirmed case.

6. Attenwood

Does it appear to happen on slopes? On open ground? Are you on relatively open surfaces? Some details to help me try and stage this as best as possible for success. :)

7. uhop

uhop Avatar

It appears practically everywhere. The best is to use a open leveled surface, so you can better observe the effect. Sometimes in valleys I "teleported" guys to oblivion, and never found them later. I suspect they either died during the process, or got inside some obstacles. So the open surface is better. And use archers as enemies --- somehow they are more probable to teleport.

I observed the in small groups (2-3 guys), and in a major melee (more difficult to get bearings and understand where your opponent went suddenly). I don't recall if I saw it one-on-one --- such luxary rarely happens in SotA.

Let me know, if you need more details. If you have a good place in mind, but cannot repro, tell me where to go, so I can test it to see if it happens there. But from my experience it happens practically everywhere with bandits and elves. I didn't see it with animals. I don't recall if I saw it with skeletons. I didn't try it with kobolds, satyrs, and fauns.

PS: It was a constant thing with bandit archers in new Verdantis Mines. Got killed a few times solely because of "immortal" archers "teleporting" away from me, until I figured out what's happening. :-(

8. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Attenwood I have seen this when hunting in the Sequanna Colossus Map (At the first tent camp after you enter the zone) but its not just body slam. It might be stun effects. I am in light armor (no body slam) but I am an air mage (so lots of stuns) It seems like it is some sort of "leashing" effect

Best way to reproduce (Still very random and just happens like once every 10 to 15 mins)

• Mainly happens with archers
    • I am usually fighting on slightly uneven ground
    • Almost never happens early in the fight (However I suspect this isn't because of health but is because I have had to chase them around for a while. I am mainly using blade skills and discharge to kill them)
    • I will be fighting them and suddenly poof they are gone
    • Usually seem to teleport back to the location where I first aggro them

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    uhop likes this.
  9. Attenwood

Verified, thank you.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.