Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed]"Break Open Gate" not working after 2 times

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Bug Forum' started by Echondas, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

8/28/2017 3:23 PM
    Title: "Break Open Gate" not working after 2 times
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? yes
    Details: "Break Open Gate" can only be used 2 times on the gate in this location (haven't tested others) - after 2 uses, the reticle doesn't turn green to allow a 3rd use.
    Steps to Reproduce: Run to this gate while being attacked, you can "Break Open Gate" only twice before the reticle stops turning into a green circle, and the gate cannot be opened.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz (4) System RAM: 24573
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 1990
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.543.Date.08.27.17
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills01_SuperstitionCanyon
    Area Display Name: Superstition Canyon
    Loc: (181.2, 49.2, 251.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwMV9TdXBlcnN0aXRpb25DYW55b258fCgxODEuMjUsIDQ5LjE5MSwgMjUxLjc1OCl8KDAsIDAuNjUyLCAwLCAwLjc1OSl8Mzk1LjI1ODJ8NDIuMzU5MjZ8My4yMDUwMg==

[​IMG]

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  2. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

I somehow remember that this issue very likely has been around since several Releases ago but just nobody bothered to post any bug report about it before.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I am unable to reproduce this issue internally on latest. Please confirm if this problem still occurrs. Have been able to successfully open the gate.

4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Mischievous Dragon There is not a "not bothered to bug it". That is pretty dismissive, imo. Some of us are still trying to figure out how to reproduce it before posting. I run into this problem a lot in the Hills Siege. It is either a strange pathing issue or a visual cue issue. To get the third (or sometimes second) you have to step back and realign a bit different and just play with it. Reproducing is the hard part, seeing the pattern is tough, but there is definitely a problem. You could be like the mobs and just walk through! Yes, that happens too. I can hear the door open yet the visuals still show it shut. @Attenwood Still trying to find the pattern, will report back when I know more.

One observation. There is a point when you approach where the reticle turns green, but if you click then the avatar starts to walk backwards to somewhere. I always break it off but I guess I should let it go full term and see where the path is leading.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Attenwood The issue I reported appears to be fixed in the current/latest QA build - thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.