Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Can't switch decks

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Poison Ivy, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

2/13/2018 7:21 PM
    Title: Can't switch decks
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I used a locked buff deck in addition to a variety of locked combat decks. I zoned into K'Rul in FO mode to play around. I hit X to switch to my buff deck, buffed for my run to the monkey room, and tried to switch back to my combat deck. Even though it played the deck switch animation where the glyphs cycled, it stayed on my buff deck. I tried re-equipping my combat deck, and it still stays stuck on the buff deck.

Steps to Reproduce: Do what I just said. Start with Deck A, switch to deck B, and try to switch back to Deck A. Deck B will persist.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16350
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 3979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.624.Date.02.13.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (195.4, 128.0, 491.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDE5NS4zNzMsIDEyNy45OTksIDQ5MS4wMzMpfCgwLCAtMC43MDksIDAsIC0wLjcwNil8OTAuMjQ1MDF8MTB8Mg==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Can you check again in the next build please, 625 or later...I tried to repro this but I'm switching back and forth just fine between two decks, one of which is my alt deck, using X.
    I suspect a fix is already on the way for you, I messed around with it a bit.
    @Ajivani

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

In build 626, the issue persists. This time here is precisely what I did.

This is my basic nuke deck, called air basic:

[​IMG]

This is my basic buff deck:

[​IMG]

I checked the spells in each of these to make sure they didn't get screwed up. They did not. The main deck window shows "air basic" which is my nukes and my buff deck set as the correct main and alternate decks.

[​IMG]

I have the nuke deck set as primary. When I hit Z to enter combat, the nuke deck popped up. I hit X to switch decks. The buff deck popped up. I hit the X button to switch decks again, it played the switching
    animation, but it stayed on the buff deck. When I hit the Y button to check which deck is set as what, the decks are still set correctly, with Nukes set as primary and Buffs as alternate. After I leave combat and try this process again, it still only cycles my buff deck.

I tried relaunching the client, but the issue persisted. For amusement's sake, I tried equipping a different set of decks entirely (checked glyphs, they are each different and accurate to the deck):

[​IMG]

And when I hit Z to enter combat, this time it let me switch between them normally:

[​IMG]

and here:

[​IMG]

So for those decks, it acted normally. I tried my buff and basic nuke deck again, back to the same problem. So it's not affecting all of my decks, either - if I wanted to stab a dragon while dying in PVP, I would be in good shape I guess. Maybe it has something to do with the slugs in the buff deck? It's the only way I can think that deck is different than the others, as the other decks I tried some are locked or partially unlocked. I have no idea.

I am still standing in FO in Krul, if it matters. Here is the debug:

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16350
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 3979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.626.Date.02.14.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: K'rul
    Loc: (196.4, 128.0, 491.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDE5Ni40MTIsIDEyNy45OTksIDQ5MS40OTgpfCgwLCAtMC43MDksIDAsIC0wLjcwNil8OTAuMjQ1MDF8MTB8Mg==

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Also for sake of argument I tried manually deleting and recreating both of the problematic decks, removing all the slugs and extra crap I had in the right side of the deck window. The issue persists with the decks newly made. Maybe try my specific spell loadout? This is totally screwy.

5. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Tests performed:
    Changed zones, no change
    Emptied the glyph pool
    remade first 'air basic' and attempted
    remade 'buff' deck

All of these results in the alternate deck being stuck.

I managed to replicate the behavior but with a different UI setting. "Show Combat hotbar out of combat" if enabled (for me) was locking it to the alternate deck with the 'x' key.

Create decks
    Set Air Basic deck as Equipped
    Set Buff as Alternate
    Hit X while not in combat (same behavior while in combat)
    Switches decks.
    Hit X again, deck fails to swap

Same spells as posted in the decks so not spell/slug based, but client based? Seeing it try to swap (Combat Decks open, and Alternate/Equipped will flip for a second, but not stay).

Almost acting like somehow a requirement is missing? Not seeing anything in chat log saying no (everything enabled to be logged).

2/14/2018 8:15 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8167
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.626.Date.02.14.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (354.4, 27.7, 352.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDM1NC4zNTcsIDI3LjcyNCwgMzUyLjI1NSl8KDAsIC0wLjkwMiwgMCwgMC40MzIpfDIzMS4wMzI1fDMwLjczMzkyfDEzLjE5NjQz

6. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Playing around some more with this bug this morning. Tried disabling hotbars when not in combat didn't resolve the issue, still get stuck on the 'buff' deck. With no hotbars enabled out of combat manually swapped the decks (primary 'air basic') and swapped with X. Got stuck again.

Since it seemed to be something specific with swapping TO the air-basic setup, process of elimination. If I removed Escape from slot 8, deck swapping worked as expected. Tried removing Dodge (in case it was something with the 2x light armor, leaving escape) and it would get stuck again. Deffinitely something weird.

This can be further tested if you make a deck with Escape on slot 8, and try and switch. The Equipped/Alternate text FREAKS OUT on Combat Decks UI screen, and the deck icon text in the bottom right glitches bad. Moved Escape to slot 7, same result. Moving the glyph does settle the text, but doesn't resolve the issue.

This appears to only happen when you are swapping TO a deck with Escape Locked to the hotbar.

So in short: Escape causes decks to get 'stuck' and unswappable with the X key

Ajivani likes this.
  7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Confirmed. I removed Escape from my combat deck and replaced it with Blink and was able to switch decks just fine.

For amusement's sake, I put Escape in BOTH decks to see if I could tear a hole in space and in time. I very nearly did - the game attempts to switch between decks so fast the combat bar basically becomes a long flickering black box. Neat! It never stops the rapid switching, even if you leave combat. Exiting the game is the only way to make it stop - and taking Escape out of both decks, of course.

8. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Ajivani
    @sgl2586
    Before I submit this bug, can you try one thing for me? Remove all the greyed out spells in the basic air deck. Just keep the ones you have down in the combat slots (all locked). It shouldn't change anything, other than the fact that you won't have a whole lot of greyed out spells looking for a place to go. My guess is that is what is related to this bug, and I'd love to confirm.

Thank you so much @sgl2586 for helping out. Great detective work, you two.

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Like I said
    this has been done, and removing all the grayed out spells does nothing to help anything. Here are some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

The bug occurs when Escape is added to the deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.