Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Character walking in place when they should stop.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Oxblood, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxblood

Oxblood Avatar

1. Title: Character walking in place when in battle instead of stopping.
    2. Reproduction Rate: Random
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: Sometimes during battle the character will continue to show walking animation long after the movement buttons are released. While the animation shows that the character is still moving spell fizzle chance increases as if you are walking. Not sure how it effects regen from shrines and food though. Character would stay walking even after the mob has died, had to jump or move to get it to stop.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Entered battle and closed the gap between me and a mob, it was random though.
    6. User Specs: Not at my PC at the moment. But it's Windows 10 os.

By Tor and FrostII like this.
  2. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Been experiencing this a while now and it really screws with you % chance to cast as even though you are stationary it counts you as moving, because you're walking in place. Terribly annoying especially if you need a heal and can't cast it, playing an instrument can fix it or jumping. Beware though playing your instrument still removes you from combat so you might lose all your glyph stacks. Still insanely annoying have to place my sheet music back on the bar every time I log out or go to world map.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If someone happens to find step by steps instructions on how to make this happen please let us know. When I have seen others experience it they are not moving on my screen at all. It almost seemed connection related but I cannot say that for certain.

I call it the 'stun lock' bug. # is 56622 but it isn't currently open as we need a repro case for the dev to re-review. I am almost entirely certain this is multiplayer related.

@Oxblood
    @Halfwitte

4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Also happens to me at seemingly random times. I have noticed that it's never happened in Private mode - so maybe it does have something to do with multi.

5. Oxblood

Oxblood Avatar

Get surrounded by mobs and start backing up using a two handed sword and in heavy armor. Just use abilities like normal, body slam, rend, double slash etc. it'll happen eventually. It has happened to me three times tonight in Crag foothills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.