Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Corpses remain after zoning / looting (situational)

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by PabloRSA, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PabloRSA

PabloRSA Avatar

7/29/2017 7:03 PM
    Title: Corpse remain when looting after changing zones.
    Reproduction Rate: 50% / 50%
    Blocker? N/A
    Details: NPS corpses remain after being looted.
    Steps to Reproduce: This is hard to reproduced but I have done so 3 times today, I have seen this is other zones too, but here is where i can produce it the most.. So here goes
    1st, mine like a miner :) once you are over weight, kill the guy at the entrance or anywhere but do not loot the corpse, exit the mine.
    2nd, Run to the nearest town in this case it is refugees haven, run to the bank and wait 2 minutes or drop of the ore/blocks/loot
    3rd, run back to the mine, when you enter the mine buff up and loot the corpses. Once the corpse is looted it will remain for the rest of the day (playing havoc with the dead body investigation feature as its grouping skeletons together) (Could also be an advantage to draw away or manipulate the area)

I was not able to reproduce this by exiting the mine and then going back into the mine. it seems to only work if i actually go to refugees haven. I assume this may have something to do with garbage collection timer, as sometimes i can loot the very last kill. (killed 3, 2 remained 1 vanished)
    (now have 5 corpses that wont vanish)

I am not 100% sure (this is why its in critical issue section), but i do not think this is effecting the spawn of the NPCs, they seem to spawn the same. (so it is not in effect allowing me to mine the area without interruption). Spawn have changed this release for the better i might add, so cant be sure.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6103
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.636.Date.07.28.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-119.8, -14.9, -123.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC0xMTkuODE2LCAtMTQuOTA0LCAtMTIzLjA1NSl8KDAsIDAuOTk4LCAwLCAtMC4wNTgpfDE4Ny45OTk2fDIyLjA0NjQ4fDMuMjcwMTc3

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i saw 2 corpses today that did not rot. Id leave the zone, run home, sell, tidy my inv, run back.. still there.. hour later.. still there..

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Any change of behavior since Saturday?

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i was on a couple of hours and I saw 2 bodies that didnt seem to rot in serpent spine foot hills. weird was I swear they were two I had skinned too, previously they were just preexisting bodies

5. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

ive seen multiple corpses in serpents spine foothills that don't seem to decay since the last patch. But ive only seen them in serpents spine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.