Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Dazzling Rays Bug

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Elgarion, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

10/7/2017 9:43 AM
    Title: Dazzling Rays Bug
    Reproduction Rate:?
    Blocker?N
    Details:I used Dazzling Rays on 3 Elven Fighters in Greymark Forest. The sound was very bugged (stuttered on and off, and persisted indefinitely) and even though the elven fighters were receiving damage, their health didn't go down NOR did the spell's effect EVER break. Then, a Kobold Mage spawned on top of us, minutes after it had been cast, and it too was put under the effects of the persistent Dazzling Rays.
    Steps to Reproduce: I didn't have time to play more with the skill to see if I could reproduce the effects, but I will be later unless this is a known bug or if no further info is needed.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.672.Date.10.04.17
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Area Display Name: Hidden Vale
    Loc: (259.8, -3.9, 295.0)
    Debug: T3ZlcndvcmxkSXNsYW5kfHwoMjU5LjgwOCwgLTMuOTAzLCAyOTUpfCgwLCAtMC44MiwgMCwgMC41NzIpfDE3OC43NjY4fDQ4LjYwMzZ8MjA=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Elgarion
    Well, I couldn't repro any of this in Greymark Forest I'm afraid. I can't tell if this is an isolated incident or perhaps something you have seen before.
    If you decide to repro this again, please be sure to restart the client fully before doing so. Just to see if it would help. Very strange indeed.

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Thanks Lexie. I hunt there a lot and I’m using that skill a lot and I’ve had no reoccurence. But this morning I was there and the entire instance kinda froze. Creatures stopped moving, my skills stopped working, but I was able to leave the zone and go back in to reset things. Perhaps the Dazzling Rays thing was just another odd zone freeze scenario. I’ll keep playing with it.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Eglarion
    To me that is a red flag that a spell triggered the scene to go 'wonky' (that's the technical term of it)

If this happens again, see if you can recall which spells you may have used before it. Recently we had reports of Reveal Hidden and Purify Burst causing problems in the mines that are a lot like what you described. When it does happen, you have to restart the client I'm afraid.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. guardianspif

guardianspif Avatar

are you getting a targeting reticle with dazzling rays??? i may have a bug if you do as i only get a targeting retical with moon beams....

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Not that I call. It's an AOE, but I'll check next time I use it when back in game :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.