Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Death Resistance for Purify Burst is Stacking

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Lao Tzu, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

4/23/2018 2:26 PM
    Title: Death Resistance for Purify Burst is Stacking
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: If Purify Burst is cast multiple times, the Death Resistance stacks several times. Below is an example of the tooltip when hovering over the icon below the name plate. I checked the stats in the chatlog, and I was able to get my Death Resistance as high as 480. When I dismiss Purify Burst, the Death Resistance drops down to 0.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16314
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.QA.Win.64.670.Date.04.23.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End
    Area Display Name: Rift's End
    Loc: (541.1, 90.4, 349.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDU0MS4xMjQsIDkwLjM4OCwgMzQ5LjY4Myl8KDAsIDAuNzQ5LCAwLCAwLjY2Mil8MTMwLjIxOTd8NTYuMDYxMzd8MTMuOTk3NTM=

[​IMG]

- Lao Tzu

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Is this from the stress test when you were spamming it over and over :p
    On a serious note, curious to know if these were all from you or if they were combined with other casts other players had made. We have made changes since that event and I think we got this one fixed :) I'm casting it over and over and it is not stacking on 672.
    @Lao Tzu

Thank you for the report!

3. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I'm not entirely sure. I only noticed it when I was spamming it over and over at the stress test. ;-)

I believe all these Death Resistances came from just my own casting of Purify Burst several times. What's not obvious from this graphic is that the times are constantly fluctuating in the window. It seems like the Purify Burst is being continuously recast on the entire group from just one player's casting. The graphic seems to be stuck on the initial casting effect (bright white pillars of light emanating from the group members). This may be the source of the lag-fest: the spell being continuously recast on the group over and over.

The only way I know how to recreate this effect is to have two groups in the same general vicinity. You may have to have at least four players with two players in each group in the same vicinity. I recommend trying it in the cabalist room inside the Lost Vale. I'm not sure what else will trigger it.

And I appreciate the complexity of the problem and your efforts to fix it. It just seems particularly urgent given that certain players and guilds seem to enjoy ruining the gameplay for others.

- Lao Tzu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.