Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Death with 1 health displayed

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Sator Faryn, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

While in a party there are situations where the killing blow leaves the player with one health. This was reported in R40 and is still happening on the QA for R41.

In one case the killing blow should have taken the Avatar to exactly 0, and they are left with 1 health displayed when they die. In case 2 the blow should have taken them to 1 health but the Avatar still dies with 1 health displayed. In both of these cases the Avatar regenerated 1 health before the killing blow or combination of killing blows.

I've not had a chance to terecord it on the QA, but it still is happening. Here is a link to a video I made in R40 demonstrating the two cases I just mentioned.

2. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

The condition to reproduce this does require the Avatar to be in a party. I've heard it also happens while in PvP, but I've not tested that.

Secondly it happens only after a hit takes the Avatar to exactly 0 or to 1, and when they Avatar regenerated 1 health just before that hit or combination of hits.

My best guess this is a rounding issue and a timing issue between when death is checked and the timing of when the display is updated.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a known issue. Have you attempted to resurrect said player with misreporting numbers? The functional issue of resurrection being blocked should be resolved. The number remaining should be a minor number representation issue.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Resurrection of dead player with 1hp is not resolved as of early this morning. The res spell casts and completes "successfully" but the player is not resurrected.

5. Attenwood

The player needs to accept the message. They didn't receive a resurrection message? : / We've tested this internally and had no issues.

6. Balec Fares deCani

I am no longer in communication with them at this time, but it happened to our party at least a dozen times last night, with at least two of us rezzing and the player not rezzing. Hard to imagine that they were getting a message and ignoring it or saying no. It happened 0 times when the dead player had 0 hp.

7. Attenwood

I'm sitting in a room with my good friend Hapless Victim doing what I do best. Killing him over. and over. and over. and over. and over again. Hapless Victim loves it.

And 10/10 times I have hard-selected the player to make them my focus when they had 1hp still showing. Cast resurrection. Successful cast. And they accept the resurrection. : / Regardless of if they are master or a remote client member, the resurrection continues to go through.

So. It's possible there's still an edge case that hasn't been fixed. From my end, however, I'm able to verify that the big issue that was blocking 99% of resurrections due to 1hp being a flag that blocked casting resurrection at all being resolved.

If able to reproduce the edge case issue, we'll need specifics and a better understanding of the reproduction case.

Hapless Victim looks forward to testing it with me.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Balec Fares deCani

Roger. Okay I was in the wrong forums, we were playing R40. Sorry! :oops:

Attenwood and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

please please add him to the leaderboard when it's up

10. Attenwood

[​IMG]

Balec Fares deCani likes this.