Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Elevator in Yew does not work

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Meridyn, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridyn

Meridyn Avatar

I'm on the middle platform at this location:

Area: Yew (Novia_R9_City_Yew) Loc: (24.3, 44.2, 50.6) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9ZZXd8fCgyNC4yNiwgNDQuMjMxLCA1MC42MzMpfCgwLCAtMC4yNjEsIDAsIC0wLjk2NSl8MjUuNDE3ODZ8LTUxLjM4NjAzfDYuNTc0OTc4

When I click the switch, nothing happens (The elevator platform does not come down to my floor)

[​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Meridyn
    I am unable to repro from this exact location. Weird. Switch is working every which way for me.
    Is there perhaps something to this that we are missing? Please restart the client and let us know if you can repro 100% of the time. Thanks!

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Meridyn
    Curious to know, did you ever see the switch physically move? Was there anyone else in the scene as well? Anything weird you can think of?
    We cannot figure out why some are seeing this, and some are not...

4. Meridyn

Meridyn Avatar

@Lexie
    I was in multiplayer mode at the time and there were several other avatars in the scene with me. Someone else had taken the elevator up to the top floor. I was on the middle floor, and I could activate the switch, and the lever would move, but the elevator platform would remain at the top floor. I hope that helps in tracking down the issue.

5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We still aren't able to reproduce this. We have a task #55208 to review the elevator tech, and hopefully make elevators more reliable for next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.