Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Health Bar bug is still here

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by FrostII, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@Lexie When attempting to repro internally, is there anything at all about the client machines you are running that might cause them to communicate differently to the game server?

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well i did a elysium mine run yesterday with some lagspikes and disconnects and i lost some healthpoints - I didn't use any buff-spell but had active obsidian potion of (meticious mining etc) and (faster mining etc.))

and so i lost within 2 hours 2 Healthpoints with only my passive sun buffs on sun up time 540 without sun up and 550 with sun up but my health stayed on 538/540 and 538/550

casting strength of earth then got me to 538/569 but i couldn't heal to the max and stayed the 2 points lower than max before casting strength of earth

then deactivating strength of earth and casting air's embrace and enlightment and my health raised to the normal max 540/540 and then i applied strength of earth and the health went up to the new max....

so after normal fighting without any strength or health-buffs did loose me some HP and any buffs on strength did raise the max but not the actual HP - so there is something wrong here

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We can indeed look at this through the performance angle, although I'm not sure why it doesn't go up to full with a delay when that occurs...seems the HP gets stuck until a new scene is loaded.
    Do people tend to see this only when they are lagging?

Rentier likes this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Not sure if this is related but I spend a lot of times in the mines on many many occassions im stuck at half health after a long period of mining.

Never does this occur early but often after an hour or more of mining.

It scales slowly over time to where I get to 350/772

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

@Lexi if ur able to log in and zone to me I can show you this. Just started to tick down on me.

Edit:

First tick 790/791
    Second 726/791

Nvm sounds like your not avail atm, but the tick down continues the longer im in the mines and I can never heal past the low number.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah we just got out of stand ups...
    I'll hit you up later. See if you can get a good general time frame: note the time you start the mines and the time you start to see issues, to give us a general idea on how long it takes. Also curious to know if you are experiencing a memory leak (Task Manager, performance tab). Some can mine for so many hours...

If you can check that number 'Memory' under the Performance tab when you start and then when you run into this bug, that would be great so we can do a comparison. At the moment mine says Memory 5.5/16.0 GB (for example) so that would be the number to re-check.

I've tried to repro this in and outside the office, and I was observing all the health bars in the Superstition Canyon control point run during the last livestream as well.
    @Brass Knuckles

Rentier and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I see the problem on a machine with 64GB of RAM, I have had no indication of low memory, but I will try to check for it. I usually hunt in Deep Ravenswood for a couple of hours. I have seen it periodically.
    Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    Were you "observing" the health bars in some form of "Dev god mode" , or were you just watching the livestream ?
    I ask because anyone else who looks at the healthbar of an "effected" individual - always see's their healthbar as full.
    Remember, this only is "seen" by the person "effected" !

9. Jumentum

Jumentum Avatar

Confirming bug. Good to know that this bug has been reported several times.
    The bug is nasty because you can lose a large portion of your health, and it can cause you to die (by surprise)
    in places that were normally not even remotely dangerous.
    This bug happens to me mostly when i use Shield of Crystal spell.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lexie
    This is still there in R50 QA.

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I'm still experiencing this also, but wanted to point out that, in my experience, other people don't see your glitched health, only you see it. I have only seen it, or heard of it being displayed to the person affected by it. If I'm partied, other players say that, to them, my health bar is showing normally.

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You are absolutely correct, @Sorthious
    Only the person effected see's the health bar problem.

Sorthious likes this.
  13. eli

eli Avatar

I don't think you'll be able to reproduce this in a lab environment.

To me, it seems to occur more rapidly during times where I am taking damage from 10+ sources, strength/hp bonuses from 10+ sources, and am being healed constantly from 2-4 sources.

I think it is likely a timing bug, where the local client is rejecting a heal as invalid because it is unaware of a damage source or buff expiration that the server is aware of. However, the heal is valid to the server and the avatar becomes full health according to the server. Thus, subsequent health effects which are valid to the client, are rejected by the server.

From that point, the server believes you are at full health so rejects your heals (as well as the automatic health recovery every 5 seconds) as invalid. An accumulation of these relativistic occurrences compounds the problem over time, which is why it always continues to get worse, and always seems to be for different amounts.

I suspect being close to the servers makes it even harder to reproduce, so i would recommend some induced lag or a bad VPN.

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Then why is the server sending my correct health bar info to everyone in my party - and yet it can't tell my local client the same thing that it's telling everyone else ??

Sorthious likes this.
  15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not sure why it's happening but, what @FrostII said seems correct. I don't think you are actually losing max health, other than it's not displaying correctly to you, as other players are still able to heal you and see what your actual health is. If you are solo and this is happening, depending on what/where you're hunting, this can make staying alive a challenge.

FrostII likes this.
  16. eli

eli Avatar

Just because it displays correctly on other screens does not mean you get the health.

It is possible (and annecdotally true) that when you hit 0 health in your screen, your Avatar dies regardless of your health saying 33% on another screen.

17. Torulopsis

Torulopsis Avatar

I can personally attest to both situations: on two different occasions, I stayed alive despite my glitched HP reaching zero. Much more commonly, however, I died the very instant my glitched points hit zero.

Sorthious likes this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Not true !
    I have remained alive with 0 health showing and mobs still hitting me for hp's !
    That - is a fact !

Sorthious and eli like this.
  19. eli

eli Avatar

well, my experience as a healer is seeing a full health bar at 850, and a single (checked logs) dragon swing for 650 being lethal. Of course I am a human so my perception could be faulty.

Maybe they could turn on some more verbose combat logging so we can provide useful data instead of anecdotes?
    e.g.
    "Dragon swings at Leeroy Jenkins (620) and deals 200 damage (420)."

Sorthious likes this.
  20. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

I feel it has to do with the combination of buffs related to health, haven't nailed down the combination I use to reproduce health bug, but like I said, it seems to be a certain order of health buffs that triggers the bug!

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.