Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Health do not fully regenerate

Discussion in 'Release 39 Bug Forum' started by Beren, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beren

Beren Avatar

1. Title: Health do not fully regenerate
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker?No
    4. Details:Adventuring in a scene for some time, more than half an Novia'n day, leads to the health stop regenerating before it reaches its maximum number. This may be the same as couple of releases ago.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Fight in a scene for a period of time, at least one change between day/night.
    6. User Specs:

FrostII, Sir_Michael and zyxe like this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Sir_Michael and zyxe like this.
  3. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Same thing as stated by OP happens to me. Seems to occur only after my buff spells have worn off. I use Strength of Earth, Inner Strength, and Shield of Crystal. Certainly could have to do with the day/night changeover also...

I have noticed this same issue in previous releases also.

FrostII, Sir_Michael and zyxe like this.
  4. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Same here. I was using Strength of the Earth (SotE) and Inner Strength and once the buffs wore off, my health is staying at 287 of 298. Recasting SotE causes maximum HP to increase to 313, and my HP started regen but stopped at 302. Stacking with Inner Strength yields HP of 332 and regen stopping at 321. Once both wore off, I was left at 287 of 298 HP.

Edit: casting a healing spell on myself does not bring me up to full HP.

Edit 2: I've also noticed that my max HP has been fluctuating between 298 and 299, even before the regen issues. It happened earlier today but I thought I had misread it, but it's happening again right now with no active buffs. My HP was also 288 when max HP was listed at 299, instead of 287 and 298 which is where it was stuck before.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    FrostII and Sir_Michael like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

same here. Don't receive full health.

FrostII likes this.
  6. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

I'm seeing this a lot also. Here are some of my key points and notes:

Shield of Earth - grants HP and Attunement
    Strength of Earth - grants str -> presumably effected by attunement
    Torpor - grants str -> presumably effected by attunement
    Sun Worship or w/e it is that grants STR during the day -> probably number one culprit for people seeing numbers fluctuate a little up and down through a play session as this is a passive buff that you don't see under your health bar.

Shield of Ice - casting this removes Shield of Earth and causes my max HP to bug out.

Hypothesis -> When Shield of earth is being removed and replaced by Shield of Ice it is effecting attunement calculations of spells that were already cast.

Ex (made up numbers) : Strength of Earth gives +20 STR but with Shield of Earth active it gives +22 STR, Lets just say Torpor does that same and we get +40 STR without Shield of Earth and +44 STR with Shield of Earth.
    When Shield of Earth is replaced, it is removing the attunement bonus from bonus STR on spells that were already cast. So for example say if we don't include the HP bonus from Shield of Earth we would see something like 390 buffed HP vs 400 buffed HP due to the attunement bonus on our earth spells. When Shield of Earth is removed we should drop to 400 HP because those spells were cast with the bonus attunement, it seems our MAX HP displayed is doing this correctly, however our ACTUAL HP is dropping to what it would be if our spells (that we already cast) hadn't be cast with the attunement bonus.

Haven't tested this out yet but it's a theory, I'm not able to logon at the moment to test. If anyone wants to try it though the idea would be, cast all your buffs with Shield of Earth being last and record STR and HP values (maybe even what each buff reports that it is giving you).
    Once all that data is logged, Remove or replace shield of earth buff. record values again.

Do the same process but with casting shield of earth first instead of last, so that any earth spells will benefit from the attunement bonus.

7. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

Same here.
    and same, and same.

Be safe all.

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for reporting. We are aware players are observing this, but are missing a strong reproducible case to get it to occur. If we could get this issue to occur reliably for our tech team to explore and resolve internally, it would help immensely.

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

It has happened to me, as well, with Inner Strength. Here is what I've done...

I had 13.9 million XP in the Adventurer pool. After a little browsing and consideration, I decided to train both Inner Strength (Heavy Armor) and Strength of Earth (Earth Magic). So I went to the skills trainer in Owl's Head and paid to train them.

I went into the Mysterious Swamp to increase the skills while doing my normal stuff there. I started both skills at level 1, of course. I increased both Inner Strength and Strength of Earth to level 14, alternating casts of both of them. I then decided to concentrate on Inner Strength. I removed Strength of Earth from my combat deck, and continued on with Inner Strength.

Inner Strength is now at level 33 (+13.3 strength for 56.5 seconds). This takes my strength from 80 to 93 while it is in effect. If it has any bearing, my Healthy (Tactics) skill is level 100, my Train Strength (Tactics) skill is at level 100, and my Endurance (Heavy Armor) skill is at level 80. I have yet to leave the Mysterious Swamp scene.

My base hit points are 649. I now notice that my max hit points are 615/649 without Inner Strength in effect. They are 650/684 with Inner Strength in effect.

SotA Build 572.

Screen shots can be provided if needed.

10. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I've played some more today. I used Inner Strength only at first. Max current HP matched the max HP's available for about an hour. This was even while increasing Inner Strength (IS). I then experimented by bringing Strength of Earth back into the deck. The max HP deviation appeared at some point after that. I do not know the exact sequence that causes it though. I mean, was it:

1) One cast then expired, then the other cast and expired, and again...
    2) One cast, then the other cast before the first one expires, so the effects overlap.

I'll look at it again tomorrow to see if I can pin down the exact condition when it happens.

12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Never mind about my previous post...

I spent time in the Mysterious Swamp this morning using only Inner Strength. I leveled it from 76 to 84. The HP deviation occurred somewhere along the way. My non Inner Strength max hit points are 601/649. My Inner Strength max HP's are 650/698. So, maybe casting Heal Self, which I did, has an effect?

Edit:

Also, it definitely happened when I cast Strength of Earth.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  13. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a challenge! I want to put this bug to sleep, but we just haven't seen it between our departments internally. Could it be some element of the effect being adjusted due to leveling?

14. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I can try it without leveling. Both skills are now at level 100, so I've stopped leveling them. I'll be using them and Heal Self.

15. Beren

Beren Avatar

This is not because of leveling. At least not as the only reason. I have not leveled the skills in some time now but still experience this in 8 out of 10 play sessions. My guess it has some thing to do with strength and how it affects the total amount of hit points.

My typical session is something like this. I enter the scene, cast my 3 main buffs .
    Shield of Crystal for 120 health for 2 min 20 sec,Strength of Earth for 19.7 strength for 3 min 31 sec and Inner strength for 18 strength for 1 min 20 sec. I also have Sun Worship giving me 7.8 strength and Sun Eater adding 4 additional sun hours.
    I then try to keep all buffs at all time meaning I try to recast them before they expire.

It seems to happen when one or more of the skills expires, lowering the CURRENT total amount of hit points. Sometimes this can be only a few points , like 10-20, but it can also be 100-120 points.
    No does not matter what kind of healing I apply, healing skill, using a potion or just time, I will not get back all my hit points.
    It never seems to accumulate to more than around 120 point for me at this point though. That said, it may also NOT accumulate this much but be only 10-20 total missing hit points for the duration of the time I'm in the scene.
    You can always fix the problem by leaving the scene. If/when you reenter you have all your hit points back.
    I have also had sessions where this as not happened at all but they are few and far between.

@Attenwood Would it help you to borrow my character for testing ?

16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I can confirm this bug exists.

I have been seeing this bug appear in just the last three days. Never before that.

I took it as total buffed up health not resetting to base health as a buff skill effect ends, leaving the bar appearing to be partially empty. That was my reaction to it at least given that when it happened my total health number was well above base and the health was filling up to the base.

17. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I see this bug once in a while, no pattern.
    Initial guess was that it is related to the sun eater skill, but I cannot confirm.
    It did happen quite often without any skill increase during mining. No skill change, no buffs.
    Missing up to 40 health (from around 600+)

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I did a four hour or so stint last night. I cast Inner Strength, Strength of Earth and Heal Self in various combinations. As mentioned in my previous post, I've GM'd both Strength spells so I've stopped leveling them. The HP deviation did not occur during the four hours.

19. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I had another long session-- maybe five hours in the Mysterious Swamp. As above, I cast Inner Strength, Strength of Earth and Heal Self at various times while in the scene. I noticed the HP deviation about three hours into the session. It went away for a short period of time, then appeared again. I don't know what caused it. I don't know why it went away for a short period of time. I don't know what caused it the second time. Maybe packet drops? Anyway, the HP's I observed are listed below.

649/649 True Base
    597/649 Deviation Base #1
    641/693 Deviation #1 Strength of Earth
    650/702 Deviation #1 Inner Strength
    694/746 Deviation #1 Strength of Earth + Inner Strength
    596/649 Deviation Base #2
    640/693 Deviation #2 Strength of Earth
    649/702 Deviation #2 Inner Strength
    693/746 Deviation #2 Strength of Earth + Inner Strength

20. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yesterday and today, after a fight, I cannot fully heal. only way I can is to completely log out of the game and back in....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.