Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Riposte skill still not providing bonus when used after parry

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

[​IMG]

[3/27/2018 4:56:25 PM] Huge Corpion attacks Arkah EMPstrike and is parried, dealing no damage.
    [3/27/2018 4:56:26 PM] Huge Corpion attacks Arkah EMPstrike and hits, dealing 22 points of damage from Poison.
    [3/27/2018 4:56:26 PM] Huge Corpion attacks Arkah EMPstrike and hits, dealing 4 points of damage from Poison.
    [3/27/2018 4:56:26 PM] Huge Corpion attacks Arkah EMPstrike and hits, dealing 6 points of damage.
    [3/27/2018 4:56:26 PM] Veronique OfLowlands is now online.
    [3/27/2018 4:56:26 PM] Arkah EMPstrike attacks Huge Corpion and hits, dealing 22 points of damage from Riposte.

2. golruul

golruul Avatar

My riposte is definitely working at adding more damage. I tested many, many times yesterday (March 29th).

However, I do have blade specialization at 70+, so not sure if that matters.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I suspect this may be fixed now. We patched this around or after the time this report originally came in.
    Are you still seeing this? @EMPstrike

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its deffiantleyw orking now ^^

5. thetimelessone

thetimelessone Avatar

This is happening to me right now. Riposte bonus damage is not working after a parry. Been using riposte as my favorite skill leveling blades up until today. VERY noticeable that it is not working for me right now.

6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

@Lexie Definitely not working. Tested just now with a high crit of 201 (low for a 200% normal attack attack) and also tried using Riposte after a successful parry against a shield user and it was blocked. Definitely not working but remember when it was and these attacks would be 400+ damage... my attacks now are 60-80 with low 200 crits... very normal for Riposte.

7. golruul

golruul Avatar

Yeah I think it stopped working again.

It was working at the time of my previous post.

8. Ooga Booga

Ooga Booga Avatar

No bonus to Riposte after successful parry.. Hopefully this will get fixed as it is a useful glyphs for melee combat.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Nog

Nog Avatar

I just tested on my toon (I do not have blade specialization for whatever that's worth). I am seeing a large bonus to damage when using Riposte after a successful use of Parry.

Note there will not be a bonus to damage for using Riposte without first meeting the condition of getting a successful parry, which is indicated by the distinct "clang" sound after your parry an enemy's attack.

Parry is also indicated - and ready for your riposte - by a red-letter combat alert on screen saying "Parried," if you have Name Plates turned on (N).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  10. golruul

golruul Avatar

I've been watching my riposte more closely lately. Sometimes it doesn't work, majority of the time it does. But when it does, the damage isn't as much as it used to be before.

Before, as of my first post to the thread, when I (max stack) critted a riposte it sometimes would go to 400+. Then some patch happened and now I'm seeing numbers more of what Sara quoted. I haven't been able to get a 300+ riposte crit anymore.

11. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Did they maybe change the damage output of it? It was originally a 75% of base attack damage (thrust is 125%) and after a parry the damage is 200% of base attack damage which should put it higher than thrust and this is not what I'm seeing.

Also, I've tested by having people with a shield hit me until I Parry, immediately Riposte them, and they block the attack leading me to further believe it is not working. @Lexie @Chris

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.