Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Setting a Proficiency reset all skills in the tree to "Not Train All"

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by FrostII, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

2/22/2018 9:09 PM
    Title: Setting a Proficiency reset all skills in the tree to "Not Train All"
    Reproduction Rate: Not for this situation
    Blocker? No, but close.....
    Details: I went to the Master Blades Trainer and opened up my FIRST and ONLY "Specialization" - The Blade Specialization.

PRIOR to this, ALL of my Blade Skills were (and have been for a long time) set to "Maintain". (Of that there is no question).

About 2 hours later (after doing a bit of Siege fighting) I notice a new glyph icon on the right side of my screen that had just DECREASED from 101 to 100 (Rend), so I opened my Blades Tree and (as you can see by the pic below) ALL of my Blades skills were set to "Not Train" - which is why my Rend was able to decrease because of 1 death from a stupid Cabalist.

AT NO TIME had I set all of my Blade skills to "Not Train" - and yes, I am completely aware that I can do that with a right-click on the Blades icon in the skill tree (which I would obviously never do, since it's my primary skill tree and has been since day one and has been all GM'd for months now). I manage my skills on a daily basis, so you'll have to trust me when I tell you that it was NOT I that changed all of my blades skills to "Not Train".

Something in the process of having the Blades Specialization to set to "Training" caused this to happen.

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: My only clue might be to test it with a char who has no Specializations open, open the Blades and see if it will toggle all the skills in the tree to "Not Train".
    I have looked all skill related info in the chatlog and there's no clue there. I've cut out the pertinent section and will provide it if you wish.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 12286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.733.Date.02.22.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (73.9, 38.0, -525.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woNzMuOTE2LCAzNy45OTMsIC01MjUuNDM0KXwoMCwgLTAuMDQsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwzNTUuNDYxfDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I'm not able to repro this. The only code path I see that could cause that is the one that you access at the school level with a right click. I already handled that case though so not sure what you saw. Find me any type of repro and I'll figure it out but right now I'm not seeing any way to get this to happen.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'll let you know if I ever experience this one again.
    Thanks

Lexie likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

At least I had problem with just specialization. I now have to look at entire tree since I will not even play until it is fixed.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    FrostII likes this.
  5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Weins201
    That's a different bug :) That one is with specialization learnings only.

@FrostII
    I also could not repro this.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.