Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Several vendors are standing ON TOP of their awnings in POT

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Koelkast, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

11/21/2017 3:19 PM
    Title: Several vendors are standing ON TOP of their awnings in POT (Blackrock Cove)
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for now
    Blocker? no
    Details: as Title says.
    Steps to Reproduce: Come and see
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 8142
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.699.Date.11.20.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Blackrock Cove
    Area Display Name: Blackrock Cove
    Loc: (81.8, 38.0, 158.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCg4MS44MTcsIDM4LCAxNTguMTU3KXwoMCwgLTAuODcsIDAsIC0wLjQ5Myl8LTIzOC43NXw1Ljg0NjU1N3w0LjIzMTEyNg==

2. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

confirmed. Can be seen inside the Garisson in Black Rock Cove

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Who are we to judge them for their love of parkour?
    Kidding of course.
    Unfortunately, I see them in their proper positions at the moment. I'd like to know how this happens so I can include it in a bug report. We're looking for some rhyme or reason as to what causes it.
    @Koelkast

4. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

More infos :
    I went there this morning to see if they were still playing and trampolining.
    They were not. All waiting for customers at their proper place.
    Then I had the idea that the placement order of items might have an influence. So I asked Ezekiel Cooper, the owner of the POT (Blackrock Cove) and he said he placed the awning first.
    Last I tried to interact with a vendor, and everything was normal and he was still in its place when I left the dialog.
    BUT another vendor took advantage of my distraction while talking to his mate tot climb on its awning...
    AND, now while I'm typing this, in front of my very eyes, the vendor I bought something from 3 minutes ago, went wandering away from its place, went to the side of the awning ("outside" of it) and then tried to go back to its place but climbed on the awning instead.

He was here : Zone: Blackrock Cove (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Blackrock Cove) Lieu: (66.2, 38.0, 152.1) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCg2Ni4yMDYsIDM4LCAxNTIuMDY2KXwoMCwgLTAuNjQyLCAwLCAtMC43NjcpfC0yODQuMTcxM3wyNi4xODU4N3w0Ljk1MTEy

He went there : Zone: Blackrock Cove (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Blackrock Cove) Lieu: (66.0, 38.0, 149.3) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCg2Ni4wMjYsIDM4LCAxNDkuMzEyKXwoMCwgLTAuOTk3LCAwLCAtMC4wODMpfC0xOTEuMTcxNXwxOC44Njg2NHw0Ljk1MTEy

At that point I CANNOT continue to the SOUTH (blocked by awnings) BUT he did, as if the awning was not there for him, and went to here : Zone: Blackrock Cove (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Blackrock Cove) Lieu: (66.0, 38.0, 147.3) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCg2NS45ODEsIDM3Ljk5OSwgMTQ3LjI2NCl8KDAsIDAuOTg5LCAwLCAwLjE0OSl8LTM0Ni42NzEzfDkuODU1MDU4fDQuOTUxMTI=

Then he tried to return back to its normal place and doing so he climbed on the awnings.

Looking at the other vendors, it seems they all can cross the awnings sides as if those were immaterial (not the bottom textile side, only the sides with the wooden poles) and possibly end on top of the awnings when they try to go back to their places.

I hope this helps.

K.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  5. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

some more info :
    dunno if it's relevant, but for those vendors at their normal place it is possible to close the dialog with the "bye" answer (clicking on the keyword, that is) BUT NOT for the trampolining ones. You got to press ESC to dismiss the dialog window.
    K.

6. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

@Lexie
    Were all those details of any use ? or should I investigate further ?

7. Lexie

@Koelkast
    Those are great details. It does help. I'd like to test out your theory: if you place the NPC first then adjust the awning (replace it down) does it still happen with that particular NPC?
    We've had reports of NPCs climbing on top off and on for awhile now. Usually by the time I get there it is no longer happening, and often nothing has changed except some time passing.
    So it's been hard to nail down or even tell how frequently this happens.

@Asbury Baker I'm dragging you into this conversation, if I could...ever notice problems with awnings and NPCs crawling all over them?

8. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

Unfortunately the pot owner decided to rework this garrison... no more awnings for the vendors :(
    As soon as I get hold on him I'll ask him to make a test.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Id say in about 20% but only if the scene has been active for a while and usually only with the NPCs that get interacted with the most.

Also note that it depends on the awning. I've seen it with the blue and red but not the green and not the stalls.

Edit:
    They also climb tall walls which cannot be jumped to, and some of the bushes and trees we can place.

However their facing matters. So facing towards a wall they will more frequently climb it.

Also @Duke Ezekiel Cooper if one places a bench, chair or stool close they will sit down when they get the urge to move.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  10. Asbury Baker

Asbury Baker Avatar

Why yes, funny you mention it. If you place NPC merchants under a Kobold gazebo, they will occasionally climb on top of it. There's a setup like this near the zone-in in Moonglade. If I see it happen again, I'll post a pic with coordinates.

Lexie likes this.
  11. Lexie

You rock. If there is a particular step by step way to always make it happen I'll include it in the bug report - since the NPCs stop acting like billygoats by the time we get there.

12. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

NEWS : Ezekiel tried to place an awning over a placed vendor. BUT it's not possible.
    About seeing the thing happen, it takes sometimes 10 minutes before you can see them doing their thing and climbing. But once they're trampolining it takes ages to see them go down again.
    Also I noticed that when the zone is empty (no people in it), if I zone in they are always at their proper place. If the bug occurs and I zone out (zone empty again), wait 5 minutes or so, and go back in (still alone in zone) they're back at their normal place.

Koelkast

PS : btw, no more bug hunter title ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.