Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Skeleton Mages attack wierdness

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by jiirc, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

10/21/2017 9:34 AM
    Title: Skeletal Mages attack wierdness
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (In Necropolis Barrens, varies in Restless Woods)
    Blocker? No
    Details: I'm not certain of the extent of the issue, but I think there may be other issues with other skeletons as well. Still testing it. I'm also not sure if this is new behavior being added to skeletons, but here goes.

There is a lone mage in the Necro Barrens near the Necropolis door. That mage goes through a casting animation. In the chat log it says that the mage attacks you and hits. Then you start taking Rend damage. The mage doesn't cast anything else. No fire or lightning, nothing. (I think I saw footmen casting spells at me but I didn't pay much attention to it at the time. More exploration needed.)

In Restless Woods I picked a fight with a bunch of skeletons. Some of the skeletons were mages. They attacked with staffs and possibly other magic. One of the mages might have started acting like a mage, but then became an archer, as shown in the chat logs. The chat logs would say that Skeleton Mage attacked and hit with Disabling Shot or with Aimed Shot. The mage didn't have a bow equipped.

Also in Restless Woods, a Large Skeleton Footman used Fire Arrow.

Some of this may be new behavior, or it could be bugs. Not sure. Nothing was mentioned in the release notes.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - get into range of a skeleton mage
    - let it attack you from range
    - the mage should go through a casting animation
    - you get attacked and then rend is applied to you
    - or in the other cases other attack types not associated with a mage would be used by the mage

User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.577.Date.10.20.17
    Area: Novia_R1_Hills01_NecropolisEntrance
    Area Display Name: Necropolis Barrens
    Loc: (-87.5, 54.2, 50.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfSGlsbHMwMV9OZWNyb3BvbGlzRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtODcuNTMsIDU0LjE5OSwgNTAuNDA3KXwoMCwgMC4wNjgsIDAsIDAuOTk4KXw3MjcuODgzNXwxNi41Njk0fDcuMTc4MTE0

Area: Novia_R1_Forest01_01
    Area Display Name: Restless Woods
    Loc: (24.8, 10.8, 65.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDFfMDF8fCgyNC44LCAxMC44NDQsIDY1LjIpfCgwLCAwLjkxMiwgMCwgLTAuNDExKXwtMTMxLjUxOTl8MjMuNTQ4OTZ8MTQuMTM4MTE=

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie, not sure who moved this bug report but did it get moved to the correct forum? It's a QA R47 bug report but it was moved to an R46 forum?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you're not the only one

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I haven't moved any forum threads around for quite a few days now. I was out Monday and Tuesday for illness so I have an alibi ;)
    Strange. Ghosts in the machine? Glitch in the matrix? We're investigating the forum issue.
    @Alley Oop
    @jiirc

@jiirc I am not able to repro this. Perhaps we have fixed this in build 582. Are you showing these NPCs change in the chat log, right, the text is giving the wrong information as to what is actually happening on your screen? Aside from the one NPC that stopped, that would be bad Mob AI behavior...

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie, I did a quick test and am not seeing the same behavior that I reported, everything looks good and the issue was resolved by someone else. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.