Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]SotA uses 100% GPU while in the background

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by SpaceNinjaPirate, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

12/14/2017 7:00 PM
    Title: SotA uses 100% GPU in the background
    Reproduction Rate: Consistent.
    Blocker? Not Really.
    Details: When SotA is running in the background, GPU usage goes up to 100%. Normal GPU usage is around 45 to 65% depending on the scene. Tested using Windows Task Manager Performance tab and using GPU-Z. Tried updating to latest NVidia drivers and it's still an issue. I realize this may not be an issue with all GPU makes and models. However it's happening with my relatively brand new ASUS 1070 Ti.
    Steps to Reproduce: Start SotA. Put it in the background. Watch as GPU usage spikes to 100% from whatever it runs at normally.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8087
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.710.Date.12.14.17
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Area Display Name: Hidden Vale
    Loc: (294.4, -4.4, 205.0)
    Debug: T3ZlcndvcmxkSXNsYW5kfHwoMjk0LjQ0OSwgLTQuMzkyLCAyMDUpfCgwLCAtMC43MTMsIDAsIDAuNzAyKXwyNjkuMTE5Nnw0NXwyMA==

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are aware of a related issue, which should be fixed with this morning's Live build 711. If you could retest once that patch is released and confirm if this issue is still occurring once patched.

3. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

Using build 713 this is still occurring. It mainly occurs while on the overworld map (I've noticed it most while on Hidden Vale), but it also occurs in some other scenes as well, however it depends on the location within the scene. If I stand at the entrance to Deep Ravenswood and put SotA into the background, GPU activity goes to 100%, but if I walk forward a few paces and then send SotA to the background it goes to 95%. At any rate, I guess the central theme here is that when SotA goes to the background, GPU usage rises, which is quite odd. I am using the latest 388.59 NVidia drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.