1. Avatars, the latest QA release is upon us! Please use this forum for bug reporting of this QA release ONLY. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Sporadic text turning black instead of white

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

6/24/2018 7:00 PM
    Title: Sporadic text turning black instead of white
    Reproduction Rate: 3 or 4 times so far, totally random
    Blocker? No
    Details: In game text has been showing up black. This includes enemy barks and their health numbers on the in world health gauge, not the HUD health gauge. Previously I think it happened in town, it could have been in the pop up hint (non-windowed). It has happened several times now, with no reason so far.
    Steps to Reproduce: Not sure, I'll add more info as it shows up again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 24411
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.710.Date.06.22.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Underground03_01
    Area Display Name: Broken Echoes Silver Mine
    Loc: (57.6, -71.6, -63.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwM18wMXx8KDU3LjYxMiwgLTcxLjYwNiwgLTYzLjcxNSl8KDAsIDAuOTAxLCAwLCAwLjQzNCl8MTE0LjU4MTZ8MTUuOTk5NTd8Mi42ODQ4NTM=

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just had it happen again on a different enemy type (the new electro geist) in the same area, while fighting it.

3. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks! Let us know if you are able to nail down any steps to reproduce. I have a feeling that there may not be any 100% repro case, though.

Issue # 60263

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It's going to be tough, I've only seen it a handful of times. I'll do some more testing today (to burned out yesterday from the weekend testing.)

5. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

A screenshot might be helpful, as well. Don't work too hard trying to repro this one :)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.