Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Tanning Knife Broke on first use on a characters first time tanning

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Diego Mas, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

1/5/2018 2:19 AM
    Title: Tanning Knife Broke on first use on a characters first time tanning
    Reproduction Rate: Will not delete the character to retry.
    Blocker? no
    Details: The First time a new character tries to tan and the tanning tool breaks on the first try.
    Not a brand new character, but his first time tanning, so original tanning tool in the pack.
    Its interesting that the tool does have a value of 40 where all the other untouched tools have value of 0.
    It may be really annoying for brand new players.

Update, after buying a new tool I found another tanning knife of 0 value in my pack, which must have been the starter tool. So the bug then becomes a second tool got created somehow and equipped itself, then broke on first use.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32714
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8085
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-30.9, 78.8, -210.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KC0zMC44NTQsIDc4Ljc1OCwgLTIxMC4zNDMpfCgwLCAwLjAyNCwgMCwgLTEpfC00LjI0OTg5N3wyOC4zOTkwNnwzLjA4OTI5NA==

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Diego Mas
    I could not repro, including it having a value of 40 (versus 0). I see it to be zero.
    You absolutely sure you did not pick up a low dura tanning knife elsewhere? I've never heard of a tool just creating itself before :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.