Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] The "mysterious mage" in Brightbone pass has lost his "mysterious mage" title

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Koelkast, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

10/2/2017 1:21 PM
    Title: The "mysterious mage" in Brightbone pass has lost his "mysterious mage" title
    Reproduction Rate: and indeed it makes him even more mysterious !
    Blocker? no
    Details: No name nor title above his head, be it before or after speaking to him and asking his name.
    Steps to Reproduce: go there and see
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 8142
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4059
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.665.Date.09.29.17
    Area: BrightbonePass
    Area Display Name: Brightbone Pass
    Loc: (46.8, 26.8, 279.8)
    Debug: QnJpZ2h0Ym9uZVBhc3N8fCg0Ni44MzIsIDI2LjgyOSwgMjc5Ljg0Nil8KDAsIDAuMjIzLCAwLCAwLjk3NSl8MjUuOTczODd8MTAuMzQwMjl8Ni4yMDY0MjQ=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Koelkast
    You are having a problem seeing titles from various NPCs it seems. I cannot repro this one either.
    I wonder if it is something specific to your interface settings. If you reset them to default do you perhaps notice a difference? Then if you change them back does the issue appear again?
    This is happening to you even if you restart the client I take it?

3. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

Pretty random, it seems.
    But I will try your suggestions and tell you what happens.

4. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

I went back to Brightbone pass. Today Gerd has a name above his head.
    I did not encounter any nameless on the overworld map.
    I did not change my settings either.
    ... I'm just flabbergasted.
    Sorry.
    Will tell if problem is seen again.
    K.

5. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

Just logged in Highvale Outskirts this morning.
    Again I find NPCs without titles, or without names, although I checked "show unlearned NPCs' names" in Options.
    Examples :
    Horatio, does not show it's name even after I asked his name. He just have a "guard" title.
    The reagent seller (Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts, Loc: (57.6, 186.5, -412.7)) has a job title shown in the dialog (only) when talking with him (Marchande de Réactifs Magiques in French - note the wrong gender, as it's a man one should read Marchand de Réactifs Magiques) BUT the title is NOT displayed above his head.
    I switched back to the English version of the game and *poof* everything is back to normal, NPC's have names and titles back on. Obviously this problem is related to localization, and probably to the gender formatting for names and/or titles.
    I hope this helps,
    K.

Hmmm... I should have said "most is back to normal" because Horacio still has no name, even in English.

Switching back to French, the reagent seller has his job title above his head now... Maybe because I talked to him. (option "show unlearned NPCs' names" still checked tho).
    Nonetheless, to see and check the problem, it seems one has to play in localized version of the game.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Koelkast
    Good info. With any of these spots you have found so far, are they all 100% reproducible from what you can tell?
    I ask, because if there is one NPC that always has this issue when you switch back to English, I want to include that example in the report for localization.
    This makes sense as to why some are seeing it and some are not. Thank you again.

7. Koelkast

Koelkast Avatar

As far as I have seen, this bug is only seen in French localized version.
    Of course I haven't been everywhere.
    Next time I find a bugged one, I'll switch to another language too.
    Things to note (for example with Berd the mysterious mage) : before speaking to him : nothing above his head (in French, that is). After I've spoken to him : I see his "title" (mage mystérieux), but NOT his name, although I've asked his name.
    I'm typing this last remark from my (feeble) memory. I'll check this tomorrow, (can't play much today) and amend the remark(s) as necessary.
    K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.