Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Training Dummies falling through floors

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Griffler, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

5/12/2018 3:52 AM
    Title: Dummy confusion
    Reproduction Rate: 100%?
    Blocker? no
    Details: Upon logging in to QA build I noticed my dummy from the 3rd floor of my house was missing. I retrieved another and it just disappeared when placed down. Going downstairs I noticed two training dummies on the bottom floor where they had been placed upstairs.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place dummy on upper levels of a house.
    User Specs:
    SotA.QA.Win.64.676.Date.05.11.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Rinzai
    Area Display Name: Rinzai
    Loc: (14.9, 38.5, 121.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDE0Ljg1NSwgMzguNTE1LCAxMjEuMDkzKXwoMCwgMC45NDksIDAsIC0wLjMxNCl8MjE3LjkyNzF8NDYuNzM4NjJ8Ni4yODQxMzU=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Which house was it? I can't see your house at the moment (I'm on an upcoming build, which means I can't see PoT houses at the moment on QA)
    Let me know if you (or anyone else) can repro this please...I can't in the homes I've tried so far.
    @Griffler

3. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Its the shogun town house. After patching and going back in to QA, the original dummy is back on the third floor in its spot, but is not not selectable. I put down a new dummy on the same floor, it plops down selectable for half a second, phases out and back in like a player does when zoning, and is now not selectable as well.
    @Lexie

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Griffler
    I'm not seeing any practice dummy anywhere in the house, including the third floor. Did you move it? If you can put it back in it's non-selectable state (if that's what happened) and do a /devbug at the spot of the dummy we'll take a further look.
    Thank you for your help.

5. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

@Lexie
    They were not pulled up, I left them like they were.

I've gone back in to QA and they are still in the same spot as they were when I left earlier. They are target-able and can attack them now, but they cannot be moved, when you try to grab it moves whats underneath or nothing.

I was just trying to move my dummy that's Not on the paver, and it selected a kobold leather bench I had on the floor bellow and pulled it up through the floor to where the dummy is I'm trying to move.

5/17/2018 5:32 PM
    SotA.QA.Win.64.680.Date.05.15.18
    Loc: (21.1, 51.3, 122.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDIxLjA1NSwgNTEuMjY5LCAxMjIuNDUxKXwoMCwgLTAuOTk1LCAwLCAwLjEwNCl8LTE1Mi4yNjY0fDQzLjc4MjN8MTg=

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

@Lexie
    Please let me know what else I can do for this issue as I'm still experiencing it. I cannot move the Dummies, when you try to click and drag them, whatever is under it drags instead, even if its on the floor below, or outside... its dragging things through floors now instead of allowing you to move the dummies. I put a dummy down one on the lot behind my house and had the same issue attempting to grab and moving it. I also just tried moving another npc on the lot, am unable to move the pet I have down in this house as well. You can right click on it to get the context menu, teleport him back, and am unable to grab and drag his location box. Even after clicking Pickup to inventory on the dummy and the npc pet placed in the house, after putting them back down I am still unable to grab and move them. I Am however able to move NPC's on my POT just fine. I pulled an NPC Vendor and put it on my house lot as well and it performed just fine, pulled him up and put down a different npc pet, and am having the issues again.

Do I need to make a new bug post as the title of this one is no longer accurate, after a patch to the QA server the dummies stopped falling through the floors and adopted the most recently reported issues. We are just attempting to help you guys make a better quality product, if there is anything further that can be done to expedite the reporting of these threads as bugs, please let us know. If the community can help out in any way, or you guys need volunteers in this department somehow, anything, just let us know how we can further assist!

5/25/2018 2:25 PM
    Title: Not able to move combat dummies/ANY non vendor NPC's in a House lot
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Am unable to grab and move dummies once placed down.
    Steps to Reproduce: Put a combat dummy down, try to move, fail. If something is under your mouse cursor on the floor below, that item will be pulled up to the floor youre on under your cursor.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32694
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.QA.Win.64.691.Date.05.25.18
    Loc: (22.9, 51.3, 122.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KDIyLjg2NywgNTEuMzE5LCAxMjIuMzY3KXwoMCwgMC4zMzIsIDAsIC0wLjk0Myl8NTkwLjA3Njl8MzguNzIxMjF8NS44MDk5OTc=

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

@Lexie Updated to the most recent QA release. Less then 48 hours until release and no one will be able to move non vendor NPC's in their homes, and this has not even gotten a bug report?

5/29/2018 4:28 PM
    Title: Not able to move combat dummies/ANY non vendor NPC's in a House lot
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Am unable to grab and move dummies once placed down.
    Steps to Reproduce: Put a combat dummy down, try to move, fail. If something is under your mouse cursor on the floor below, that item will be pulled up to the floor youre on under your cursor. Same with pets place in your house lot.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32694
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8137
    SotA.QA.Win.64.691.Date.05.25.18
    Loc: (-2.9, 38.0, 128.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KC0yLjkwNCwgMzguMDI5LCAxMjguMzc1KXwoMCwgMC40NjcsIDAsIC0wLjg4NCl8MzA0LjM5Mjd8NTEuMzEwODR8MS4yNQ==

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.