Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Two-handed Sword Extreme Reach

Discussion in 'Release 41 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

1. Title: Two-handed Sword Extreme Reach
    2. Reproduction Rate:100%
    3. Blocker? No. In fact it can be considered a bit of an aid.
    4. Details: I don't know if this is intended or not. I don't recall it happening prior to R41. Anyway, the effect of my two-handed sword is well outside the area of the swing arc. I noticed this while fighting zombies in Deep Ravenswood. Two nearby pigs were killed by me even though one was well outside the swing arc of the sword. While swinging the sword for the first screen shot below, I heard a squeal of distress behind me. I turned around to see that I'd killed another pig that was seemingly further outside the arc. That arc and pig is depicted in the second screen shot. My Blades skill is 104. Whirling Blades is at 80 tops. I'd have to check. I do have the pole arm skill, Reach, at level 60-- +25% reach-- if that makes a difference. I notice that there is an attack roll made against some spiders outside the swing arc when I fight them in the Mysterious Swamp.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Perform Whirling Blades in combat?
    6. User Specs: SotA Build 600 and 601.
    First screen shot: These are the first two pigs killed.
    [​IMG]

Second screen shot: I killed a pig that was behind me while swinging the sword for the first screen shot.
    [​IMG]

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Traveller13 Would you be able to verify if this is still visible as of the latest patch? Thank you.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

A short test with the pigs in Deep Ravenswood shows the sword reach is back to normal.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you. Please let us know if you're ever able to get back into this broken state again.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I spent some time-- ~hour and a half-- in the Mysterious Swamp fighting spiders. I then went to Deep Ravenswood to fight the zombie(s) in the pig pen. I killed two pigs that were outside the swing arc of the sword.

[​IMG]

Edit: The thought just occurred to me that it may be something about the pig pen. I'll try again in about 16 hours (after sleep and work) both inside and outside the pen.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.