Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needeJust got a piece of paper stuck on my pointer, can't drop it, place it, put in inventory

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

1/17/2018 2:04 PM
    Title: Just got a piece of paper stuck on my pointer, can't drop it, place it, put in inventory
    Reproduction Rate:Once
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:I'm going to have to relog to get this off it looks like. I also can't enter my lots, can only stay on POT land.

Was I on a player lot, selling to the POT vendor right next to the lot, or was I standing on POT land when it happened? I'm not sure.

The paper is green on POT land but can't be placed. The player lots have the green line highlighting them.

The papers are both gone from my inventory as well.

Steps to Reproduce: I'll try in a bit to replicate, but the general situation was that I dropped 2 pieces of paper into a sell window and hit sell in order to see if sales show up in the chat window now. I /devbugged to put the suggestion in feedback. Alt-tabbing back in, there is a paper stuck to my mouse pointer!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32603
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.615.Date.01.16.18
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (1.7, 78.0, 5.8)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoMS42NjIsIDc3Ljk5NiwgNS44MjUpfCgwLCAtMC4yMjksIDAsIDAuOTczKXwtMjUuMzgwOTh8MzcuNTEyNzl8NC43Nzg5MzU=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Sounds like you got hit by the red item bug. (The item in your inventory probably had red text at the time.) I definitely don't want to see this one to become popular again, so please let us know if it continues. I definitely want to know if you can find a solid repro case. Client restarts should fix these, but often simply re-logging back in will as well.
    @Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I can replicate, and it appears to be specific to Governors and Stewards. I downgraded an account that it was happening to, and it no longer is.

It is also, so far, specific to Blank Paper and paper that has been written on.

It happens when selling paper, or moving it to/from a vendor, while standing on POT land that the player has rights to decorate.

Whabam!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.