Request @Darkstarr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

With the exceptional work done and the detail, effort and obvious usage of resources into fishing I am left hopeing that this same level or greater effort is put into taming. Right now taming really feels like a after thought. There is a lot about the current system that does not work or make sense, addionaly there is no pet or whistle loss or turn over. Tamers like to tame they like rare skins/pets and they would like to make a living in nova with their trade.

Pets are simple to tame even the high level ones with spec, you can easily avoid the collar cost with a simple heal spam powered leveling collar recover to insane levels where you don’t even lose collars on failed attempts:

The lack of master working and enchanting on whistles, as well as out of balance pet levels are more issues of concern. Take the wyverns (love the color rarity btw) a level 79 pet that can be real hard to get (love that part) then take a level 79 large obsidian bear or the Darkstarr corpion both are easier to get and both are better pets. All that is over shadowed by the easy to get level 84 fero obsidian bear for 5 simple levels why bother at the 79 level.And ofcource at 89 the Obsidian destroyer best pet in the game (still easy to acquire, spawns to often to be rare). Makes anything else sub par to actually use at high level. I’m not complaining about the obi destro it’s actually a very sexy pet, the only issue I’d take is it’s easy to get.

The point of this thread is not to gripe so much about the current issues but to ask for the same awesome effort and fore thought in eps 2 for taming.

@DarkStarr , thanks

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Xee and Yolo SoLive like this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ok fair enough!!

I’m trying to understand your complaint BEAR with me:

If your saying spec tamers and non spec tamers have diffrent Rez timers that’s not correct but I do think both are plenty. You can Rez your pet from anywhere in the scene. If you die you can Rez your self then your pet from anywhere and instantly dismiss it and re summon it to your location. I have had 100’s dead pets and have never lost one like your saying but I know how the system works.

If your saying obsidian bears are hard to get I’d have to disagree they can be found in lots of places all the time. I’ve seen people selling them for 3k even.

If your saying taming is hard because you only have 70 taming and you don’t have much time in take then I really can’t comment. It’s like saying I have no time or effort in heavy armor why can’t I tank dragons.

If your saying that tame creature should not be tied to taming spec and it should be based solely off tame creature then I agree and have mentioned this to @Chris aready. Tameing should be hard and require lots of effort to be good if you don’t have the time or desire to be good buy your pets from those they desire to make a living at it.

It takes 20 mins in UT to get enough xp to almost gm taming, lack of effort I’ve no patience for.

Elwyn likes this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

My response was as it was because I was not sure what you were having a issue-with taming is easy for anyone who has actually put some research in to it. the lack of effort stuff I can’t help with is all. Yea you might need to turn off other skills when trying to level specific ones. Two UT runs will pay 2,000,000 ex it only takes 1,200,000 to gm taming. Doing it the easy way I’d gm collar recover first then taming so you have very little collar cost. If you pet died and you could not Rez because you were distracted is not anyone else fault but yours I’m sorry.

No offense meant at all!!! Just trying to be honest in my awnsers.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I hope the pet system expands into summons as well. Being a pure mage all my gm summons compared to the tame stuff I have are useless. only the water is useful imo at this time for the heals. the rest seem to be a small dot but can't touch that of the tamed.

I liked EQ of old where pets leveled up changed abit in size. then there was also items like that of the necro staff we currently have in SOTA which increases the power of hte necro pets. that would be cool to have items that augment the other mage tree summons.

Cirsee and Elwyn like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It is my opinion summoned pets give +attunement in their school. For spec pets +attunement and a power scale

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

do they? I didn't really notice that in the sun tree. maybe is only 1-5 points for the 100 level.

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No they don’t, I believe they should. It only makes sense and would get everyone off of just using the water elementals.

Elwyn and Xee like this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Ah kk, then I am not crazy lol. I agree that attunement should increase the pets overall power. I really though want to see different graphics based on level. some summons look awesome and were upgraded. but Air really needs some love imo as does water. I think using the new scale they should start off as mini summons then at 50 should be half your size and 100% your size and grow from there but limited to fit in doorways etc.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  9. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I hope this is a template for how they add / update features going forward i.e. a quarter / 3 releases focused around really building out a full system.

I can't remember if they ever talked in detail on their aspirations for what a full taming system would be.

I'd like to see summoning require a pentagram on the floor, reagents, magic words kind of ritual magik to bind it an object (like the taming whistle).

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  10. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I'd like to see a variant on taming in which we could basically capture most monsters in game... not to summon to fight with us... but to bind to a room in a player dungeon to guard it. *evil grin*.

Tracker, Xee, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Now that does sound excellent!!

12. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Fix melee pet navigation
    Fix pet following
    Fix mob aggro behaviours

Then consider improvements to taming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.