Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request for Devs to look at Sound volume when using headphones (jack, wireless and/or USB)

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Dear Devs,

SOTA's volume is fine when I play sounds through speakers, but when I use headphones the sound is extremely reduced. For example, I can play SOTA with my desk speakers at around level 10 of 100 and the sound is loud enough, but as soon as I switch to speakers I'm up at 80-90/100 to just achieve an adequate level.

I've used two different sets of headphones, one cheap wireless set, one decent Bose set via a jack socket and the same set via an USB adaptor to see if I could get any volume benefit, unfortunately not. I've had this quiet headphone issue with SOTA from the beginning but ive just put up with it as I knew sound was to be revisited at some point, as it is now I believe.

With other games I can achieve good volume from my phones. I wonder if you could take a look and also if anyone else has a similar issue?

I'm using Win 10 and sound drivers are up to date though the drivers for both the speakers and headphones are Microsoft drivers - IDT High Definition Codec, and not proprietary ones. I've found Microsoft drivers for my fairly old sound-card to be more stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.