Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Request] Out of combat regen

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Waxillium, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Right now I go out of combat just before gathering so I regenerate while gathering. It's clunky.
    As the game already shades out my glyphs while gathering could it please put me in out of combat regeneration mode as well? I think that would feel much more smooth.

@Chris

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Abydos, Maeryck, Kara Brae and 5 others like this.
  2. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

You benefit from the fact that glyphs keep rotating, by staying in combat. It's your choice and I think it seems fair as is.

Weins201, Acred and Leelu like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

True. Still feels clunky.

Acred, stidesx and Leelu like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

My biggest problem with it is the delay between switching back and forth from combat mode.

Pressing the "Z" key doesn't seem to register 8 out of 10 times.

Bluefire likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

working perfectly fine either "Z" out or not and the time it takes works fine also, since preparing for combat should take a little time. Sorry non issue.

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Yep it's working fine. This thread would be my opinion that it's choppy game play. That's why it's in feedback and not a bug report.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok since you want to debate opinions. You want a lazy way. You want it so that to gather you do not have to hit a button and enter peace mode, as another stated NO, there is the "Z" key to allow you to chose to exit to peace, and regen a little more. This takes time and causes you to reenter combat - - YOUR CHOIC, or not to and stay in combat to fight right after - - also a CHOICE.

It is a choice and a good one for players - choices.

Your idea would FORCE every player to exit combat to gather. Bad idea and not wanted by at least two already replied here (forum opinions)

SO again it is working fine - "Z" out or not.

Peace - done here.

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Agree With this 100%.

9. Gix

Gix Avatar

That's what the cooldowns for all glyphs at the start of combat is for. A redundant system shows weakness in design.

I don't want "fine".

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

UMM - well that is what I said it is fine since the cool downs take time - so you want exactly what I said. The time to prepare is the cool downs.

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm saying that the issue is that pressing "Z" doesn't always work and THAT causes unwanted frustration and delays... I'm okay with the cooldowns, but the "Z" key to switch is anything but "fine". Fix that and going in and out of combat would feel a lot better.

So you and I aren't saying the same thing at all.

Also, I don't get how "being ready for combat" suddenly prevents my body from healing. You either heal or your don't. I personally hope they remove the regeneration (or make it super slow) so that items like bandaids (or a dedicated healer) would actually have a purpose. Psychologically, gamers tend to slow down and play more carefully when their health doesn't magically restore.

I'm with @Kvow Triumvir with the idea that combat and non-combat state should feel less distinct for a smoother gameplay feel (which includes identical control schemes as well, but that's a different topic). I do, however, disagree that combat mode should get non-combat regeneration after a while... because that just gives combat mode "two modes". Health regeneration should be consistent.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

"Z" doesn't work if you are engaged or still have a combat cool down cooking (still in combat).

So learn how and why and it is working perfectly, you just don not like it - two very different things.

Combat and Non Combat and being ready or not are two VERY different things; in mindset, physical, and emotional aspect so again they have pretty much nailed it to align with true to life.

If you are going to say - it is a game, don't you will be wasting your breath.

I am done here opposing thoughts not going to change your idea has been received so has mine - Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.