Request: play ambient music only occasionally, and filter for ambience

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by JPNotADragon, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koss

Koss Avatar

And why don't we give her a chance to enjoy the holiday and hopefully weigh in when she gets back? I'm sure she has alot on his plate! :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I'm not sure what is worse. You posting personal criticism of a hard-working developer or that you don't realise that @Bread Vendor is female.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Koss

Koss Avatar

My bad... i didnt even know that! *edits made*!!!!!

But none the less, I'm sure she'd be happy to respond!

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

An slider for only the ambient sound please! so we can adjust and balance the ambient sound and current SFX (skills and spells). Right now combat sounds are too loud compared to every ambient sound imo.

JPNotADragon likes this.
  5. Bread Vendor

Bread Vendor Developer Emeritus

Hi there! Thanks for your patience (lots of bread to bake)! You've all voiced valid concerns, and I promise you that we're trying our best to improve existing content as well as support new ones as well. Please keep in mind that the game has been in production for a fair bit of time, which in turn means there's quite a bit to comb through, iterate, and adjust. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as swapping out files (there's a multitude of spots a file could be used - even in ways unintended!) or doing a nice batch conversion. Myself, as well as the programmers and designers, are also making a hefty effort to improve systems and audio support behind the scenes. Sometimes a large bulk of the improvement or new sounds get lost in the excitement of other content, other times certain changes are only seen (or heard!) by a smaller subset, but these are some of the unique and interesting challenges of working on an active MMO.

I am more than happy to hear about areas that need extra love and improvement, and appreciate the support you have given to both myself, my predecessors, and the other developers that have been working on any aspect of sound both now and in days of yore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.