Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request to Rotate Sanguine Stand interior map 90 degrees to right

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Albus, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albus

Albus Avatar

Sanguine Stand has been locked since previous release(s), but ability to rotate interior maps in increments of 90 degrees has been added since, along with alterations to the overland map. I believe a rotation of 90 degrees right for the interior town map would make the interior conform better with the overland placement (in terms of compass for the interior map. Per instructions as I understood them from the hangout, I am requesting that Sanguine Stand's interior map be rotated 90 degrees to the right (still a Forest 1a map, the one without stone flooring). I cannot make this request in the town template page since it was locked prior to the overland map alterations and the addition of rotational options. Thanks for the assistance :)

*edit to add, in addition we used to have two little palm trees around our town on the overland map, with the overland change they seem to have moved away... If possible we'd like those overland map palm trees put back by our town, some in the town considered it a cute feature so just adding that here since it changed with the overland map. Thanks again :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello @Albus, and thanks for writing in! With respect to requests for POT rotation, we limit the full control that is available, especially for coastal towns, as we automatically work to rotate them so that their coasts would match the direction of the shore observed on the overworld map. However, due to the nature of the changes to the Novia overworld, your requested shift would actually make it more closely resemble the shore's direction, so we will be following through with the requested changes. This includes adding the trees that went missing. :)

Thanks for reporting!

Albus and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Albus

Albus Avatar

Hey thanks Attenwood! That's exactly what we were wanting, for the interior map to match up with the overland map, such as is possible at least, whatever makes the closest fit between them is what we want orientation-wise. We'll be happy to see the trees back too for added ambiance on the overland map for the town (some of us were missing them, but still understood they were not "guaranteed" to the location just because they had been there before). So, thanks for all the attention to detail and the help :D

Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.