Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

REQUEST: Transaction Books

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Having done a little bit of trading on public vendors, I like the messages I get that say "So and so bought such and such at some place for 1000 gold." That's helpful to know when, where, and who bought an item and what bank you can collect the profits from.

But what I'd really like to see is a "transaction book" that could be placed in my inventory that would collect all of these transactions line by line and preserve them for me. This would help with the accounting of my business (currently selling random things).

Because I can understand that these books might also become quite the data dump for the developers to maintain, I can see the need to require these books be bought in-game for in-game gold. If you don't have one in your characters inventory when the normal message pops up, the transaction is not recorded. If you run out of space, the transaction will start up in a new book (if you have one), or you can flag it to copy over the first latest entry.

Maeryck, KuBaTRiZeS and Spoon like this.
  2. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I like that. But ledgers and journals of any kind could be easily done if we had rewritable books, where i can write something, keep it that way, then open it again and write whatever i want after what i wrote before.

This is the first think i tried to do with the blank book for writing... not being able to do that made me think that books lost 50% of their usefulness.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

+1

To elaborate:
    I'd really want to keep my own journals. Preferably one for each Town / Adventure. So that I can make prolific notes while playing in game.
    Right now I need to do these out-of-game, which removes some of the "feel" for the game.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.