Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Reshaped nontradeable armor item can't be placed, disappears when moved to deco palette

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Widsith [MGT], Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

10/30/2019 21:39
    Title: Reshaped nontradeable armor item can't be placed, disappears when moved to deco palette
    Reproduction Rate:?
    Blocker?Caused inventory item to disappear
    Details: As an experiment I took a pair of Cotton Cloth Gloves +1 (nontradeable) that I believe originated when creating a new avatar. They were placeable in scene, not could not be deposited in a container. So far so good. Then I reshaped them with an Elite Elven Mage Gauntlet pattern, which worked just fine. However, trying to place them in scene now failed, and there was no visible representation of them under the cursor. I then tried to move them from my inventory to the new Deco Palette. At that point, they disappeared entirely, from the scene, deco pallette, and my inventory. Also not in bank. (At that point, SotA hard crashed and took down my machine, so I will check inventory and bank again when next logging in...)

ETA: After a relog (the hard way), the item reappeared in the container in inventory from which I'd removed it to place in the deco palette. It can now be placed in scene, added to the deco palette, and added as an item to a mannequin. So this appears to be some sort of transient bug that is cleaned up by a relog. However, the cleanup had some serious side effects - I had placed the inventory container from which is was removed into another container in scene ( a dresser). That container was removed from there on the relog and returned to my inventory, dumping all of its other contents into the dresser directly as a side effect. Pretty annoying but hopefully a clue as to what is happening.

ETA2: I had nade a second similar item during the first game session, reshaping a nontradeable set of cotton leggings that I also believe were 'original issue' with an Elven Elite Mage Legging pattern (yes, I have extra patterns...) That item also could not be placed in scene; I did not try the deco paletee after first item went 'poof', instead placed it in the bank just before the crash above. After relog and the test under ETA above, I retrieved the item from the bank and took it back to my property. An initial attempt to place it in scene was successful. I then tried to put it on a mannequin and got the 'publicly accessible container' error. After that it could not be placed in scene. I then tried to add it to the deco palette and it disappeared as did the first item. (I carefully did NOT add it from a container, instead from the base level of my inventory.) I suspect it will reappear in inventory when I next relog, will update then.

ETA3: Yes, they reappeared in inventory as expected. However, they cannot be added to a mannequin. (This did work for the first item above. Go to Area: Rift's End (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End) Loc: (85.115, 95.383, -69.414) DBG: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDg1LjExNSwgOTUuMzgzLCAtNjkuNDE0KXwoMCwgMC45OTMsIDAsIC0wLjExOSl8MTgyLjkzMDN8MzQuNjU3MDZ8My42MzM4MTk= and you can see a set of no trade gauntlets on a mannequin.) After attempting that I once again cannot place the item in scene.

ISTM there may be some inconsistent type checking going on, maybe relating to the no trade item having been an original avatar item, rather than a heritage or other more recent no trade.

Steps to Reproduce: See above.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.OSX.64.1065.Date.10.29.19
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End
    Area Display Name: Rift's End
    Loc: (16.7, 70.0, -132.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDE2Ljc0NywgNzAsIC0xMzIuMjg0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTIyLCAwLCAtMC4zODcpfDEzMi40OTIyfDQzLjU1MjM1fDMuNjMzODE5

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.