Reshaping Storage Chest

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Mar 12, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I crafted 10 wooden storage chests and wanted to put a symbol on each of them.

Bought 10 Storage Chest Patterns and went to the crafting station.

Used filter to show only storage (chest and reshape), then doubleclicked the icon on the left for Reshaping.

Worked fine for the first few chests.

Then the craftings station, when doubleclicking reshape chest, took not empty new chests from the inventory, but chests that already had a pattern (e.g. Blacksmithing Crafting Chest) and a pattern to start crafting with to put a lable on the chest that would likely have overwirtten the blacksmithing icon.

I could manually stop that and give the crafting table an "empty" Storage Chest and it worked. However each following attempt the crafting table always takes one of the already labelled chests instead of the blank chests...

IMO - as long as there are "blank" Storage Chests - the crafting table should take only one of the empty Storage Chests and not one that already had a lable applied to.

03/12/2023 12:27
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1639.Date.02.25.23
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-63.3, 111.9, 381.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTYzLjMzMSwgMTExLjkzMywgMzgxLjU3MSl8KDAsIDAuNzc4LCAwLCAwLjYyOSl8LTk3Ny42OTk2fDE5LjY4ODQzfDMuNTExODc=

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Same thing happened to me when I was doing the same thing and wasted a lot of patterns because of it. Books do the same thing. If you buy 10 book patterns to recover 10 crafted books it will just reapply the pattern to the same book 10 times.

Mal Hari likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

It should not even be possible strictly speaking.

The recipe has "Wooden Storage Chest" but the already labeled chests are no longer that, but e.g. "Blacksmithing Crafting Chest". Clicking the reshape recipe should only look for pure, unchanged "Wooden Storage Chest" automatically and use others only when added manually (e.g. when one misllabled should be relabled).

Mal Hari likes this.