Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] 3X encumbrance still not ready for release

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Mishikal, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So I appreciate the flurry of changes around 3x encumbrance, however the fact that it still applies to POTs and NPC towns remains problematic. It's problematic from the aspect of those people for which this game has become a housing sim due to the "QOL improvements" that have ruined (for us) the other aspects of this game. It was in fact the housing system that got us to back the game in the first place after watching some video examples on Youtube back in 2014.

Here is my wife's keep lot on QA:

[​IMG]

Here is her keep lot on live, where she's in the midst of completely redecorating it, and thus picked up every external item:

[​IMG]

As you can see, everything on the exterior of the lot was picked up, and some new items put down (it's a WIP after all). The ability to quickly and easily do such a thing has long depended on the fact that the game was *designed* to allow it by not maxing out encumbrance for players in NPC/POT towns. With this change still affecting NPC/POT towns, the ability to quickly and easily *decorate* is also ruined.

I'm sure some people will be quick to say "Well just use a remote access bank device". Sorry, that's not a solution here. For one thing, decoration can (and often is) a collaborative affair. I cannot access any items that are stored in my wife's bank, nor vice versa. Additionally, her (current) max items that can be stored in the bank is 1250, while our total amount of *stored* decor items (and this grows regularly) is over 3,000 unique things (i.e, that's unique 3000 items even after stacking). Those items are carefully organized into our primary residence in various chests:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since it's often the case where she is out decorating and I'm fetching various items to carry back to her or sort and put away, the remote access bank device is a non starter (since it cannot store our magnitude of decorations and we can't access each other's banks). We couldn't even store all of our decor between the two of us.

In sum, this encumbrance limit on NPC/POT towns really needs to be revoked, as was Chris' original thought, and a better solution to the brewing exploit found.

@DarkStarr @Chris

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Resolved in build #774

Simon LeBon and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.