Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Can Not Water after planting Seeds

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Soryu, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

1. Title: Cannot Water Plantings
    2. Reproduction Rate: Every Time
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details: I have reported this bug before but old messages have been deleted. I have checked lot ownership and Tennant is not checked. All settings are co-owner. I have tried to water on my owned Row Lot and also on my player owned Village Lot. I have tried on a co-owner lot with guildmate. I have checked many times. I have downloaded client to my laptop thinking it was possible something was corrupted on my CPU but I was unable to water when using my laptop. I provided my guildmate with my password and had him log in with my character and try to water and he could not water with my character. However, he can water with his character. I have tried to water with no gear to rule out a gear bug. I can plant and I can harvest, but I cannot water. Seems like something must be corrupted on game side servers.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Plant See - Cannot use E key to water - cannot right click drop down and select water to water
    6. User Specs: Windows 10

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Soryu
    I am sorry to hear this.
    I suggest making sure you have a hoe that isn't broken. It isn't broken, check to see where it is. Maybe taking it out of a bag and putting it into your main inventory will help. Also check for any text feedback in the chat log window. There may be something more in-game related. We'll have to look at your character more specifically. So you can do everything but water...very strange
    Bug created: 50671

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Lexie - This is a repeat bug report from last release (same player I believe) and it probably already had a bug ID.

I don't think having a broken hoe (or any hoe at all) should matter when watering plants... but I could be mistaken on that.

This is a strange bug where one player can plant seeds and harvest the same plant at maturity, but is not able to water that plant in between. I don't know how we can repro this one since it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. I know it's not an issue for me, I planted, watered (multiple waterings), and harvested over 400 seeds this weekend with no issues on my lot. Most were in planting beds, inside greenhouses, but some were in planting beds just out on the lot.

I think the only way to figure this one out may be to borrow @Soryu 's account and log in with it to see if you can get more info.

@Soryu - Not sure if we asked before, but are you planting these in a planting bed (if so, what size), a pot or a barrel? Maybe it's the planting "station" that is the culprit?

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Soryu - Another possible issue here (as suggested by fellow Bug Brigader Tazar) could be the fact that when you water a plant, you need to target the dirt... not the plant itself. Some plants (like rosebushes) can get quite large during the growth process and make it difficult to target the dirt part of the planter around it. Still, even if it's a smaller plant like a mandrake sprout or something, you can't water it by clicking on the center part where the sprout is... you need to water the dirt part.

When a plant comes to a watering phase, if you have a bucket of water in inventory and you mouse over the dirt, it will turn green. So, move your cursor around the seed you are trying to plant and see if it turns green for you before trying to water. You may need to change your camera angle to see under the plant or just be really careful as to where you point the cursor so it's on the dirt part.

Actually, as I'm typing this, we're brainstorming possible issues and we came up with a couple other things to check/try:

1. If you are not the Owner of the property these plants are on, you may need to be physically standing on the lot itself for the permissions to work. So, if the bed/pot/barrel is at the edge of the property line, it may not let you do it if you are not standing inside the lot boundaries.

2. Don't take this the wrong way, but please make sure you are trying to water with a "Bucket of Water" and not just a "Bucket" in your inventory. That one has gotten us all a few times by not having the right item required in your inventory. This one is probably a long shot, but worth mentioning just to eliminate that possibility.

So, please try all of these things and report back if you were able to water your plants or not. Hopefully we can figure this all out and get it working for you!

5. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

Okay, here is an update.

1. My hoe was equipped and unbroken. Probably would not have been able to plant to begin with if not equipped. In any event, I changed to a prosperity hoe and still cannot water.
    2. No worries on bucket of water, there are no dumb questions. Yes, I have bucket of water and not just empty bucket. Again, a bucket of water is also needed just to plant.
    3. I am the owner of the property. I have a row house with Green House and planters are in row house on top floor. Therefore, I am on the property. I have a village lot and town lot as well. To rule out a row house bug, I did in a prior attempt try to plant on my village lot as well. Same issue, can plant and harvest but cannot water.
    4. I had concerns on the planters also. However, I have large, medium and small planters. I cannot water any of them. I also tried in a prior attempt to plant in a pot. I was able to plant and harvest but not water.
    5. I am a little uncertain about targeting the dirt. I get a clear green target box over the plant. It does not allow watering in any location. In addition, if I right click I get a pop up box which has two options. Remove Plant or Water Plant. Clicking the water plant has no effect.

In addition, NoMalice has planted and harvested thousands of plants. So even if I were doing something wrong, he was unable to water with my character as well.

I do not have an issue letting someone log into my account and check things out. I just need some notice to change my pass word to something simple and a secure way to get password to you. I will also put some seeds and water on character for testing. This is an annoying bug and I would like to see it resolved. Kind of one of those "why me" issues :)

Soryu

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Soryu
    Thank you for the updates. We do have the bug open, so we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this problem that seems avatar-specific.
    You don't ever need to give your password out to anyone, just a head's up. And we will NEVER ask you for your password. If someone ever needs it from you that is a red flag they are phishing. Just an FYI.
    We will research internally with the proper approved tools :) I don't have an ETA on that I'm afraid, but I think we can get to the bottom of what is happening and get it fixed.

7. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

Okay, thank you. My PW is not easily pried from lips, trust me.

This seems to almost have to be a server side issue though since my close friend could not water while logged on to my character. That should eliminate any possible issue with my computer, plus I also tried my lap top. When I get a chance, I will set another guildmate to co-owner of row house to see if they can water. I know NoMalice can, but just to cover another possibility.

If you think of any other test to run, let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Soryu

8. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

If it were my issue, I would remove as many variables as possible and retest. If successful, add things back one at a time and test again.
    For example, pick up one planter bed to put in the bank temporarily. Place seeds and water for testing in the bank temporarily. Magic Mover the basement first if there is one, then second, Magic Mover the house. Remove all tools and place in the bank. Remove all items equipped on the paper doll avatar character and place in the bank. Place all bags from inventory in the bank. Now we have an empty lot and a character with nothing in inventory. Log out. Close the game client and launcher. Wait 30 seconds for memory to clear. Log in.
    Preferably, now buy a new hoe and a new planter or planting pot and use the new ones for initial testing. Grab seeds and at least 2 water from the bank, or draw a couple of fresh buckets of water. Equip the new hoe, place a new planter well within the lot boundaries. Plant the seed. Attempt to water immediately since this should work but is the reported issue.
    If this DOES happen to work now, retrieve the stored planter from the bank, place it on the lot, and repeat the test, still with nothing more than the hoe equipped.
    If that works, equip one item (ring, armor, etc) and only one item. Repeat the test and plant another seed. If that works equip one more item, and retest. Continue to equip one item at a time, retesting after each item, until all have been equipped again.
    If it is still working, fetch another tool from the bank, and add one tool at a time, testing in between each. If a particular item was the problem, I would expect these steps should reveal which item is causing the problem.
    Hopefully, the results of these testing steps could help the Dev's identify the problem to resolve it.

9. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

In general, about the only thing I have not done in Niteowls post is to strip everything from inventory and try. I have removed all gear from avatar and it did not work. I will try removing all items from inventory. I have already tried different planters on different lots. The fact a co-owner can in fact water in my Row House probably means it is not related to lot or location. And I have also tried multiple types of planters.

10. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Probably a long shot, but have you tried removing all others access to the lot and test as a sole owner (with nothing on and nothing in inventory but water and seeds)?

11. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

When I moved some planters from Row House to my Town Lot before I placed a house on it I had permissions set to private. The initial thought was the Tenant Permission may have been turned on but it was not turned on. So yes, I have tried with Private Permissions on a different lot. I have not had the time to strip my character of everything and try it yet but will report the results. I am also going to find some different planters just to be sure the existing planters are not bugged in some way. Although, it is not likely since planting in a pot did not allow for water either. Finally, I am also going to try something other than mandrake. I will do this in next few days.

12. Soryu

Soryu Avatar

Update

I CAN WATER.

That is the good news. The bad news is I am uncertain "what" was blocking me.

I emptied my inventory into various bags. I put all no drop in separate back and placed in bank. I took off all gear. I unequipped all tools and put in bag. All I had on me were seeds and water. I was able to plant and then water.

I then put my gear on and could still water. I equipped tools one by one and was able to plant and water. I picked up all inventory items including No Drop in bag in bank and could still plant and water.

I had to shuffle many things around and clear space in bank to make all of this work. It is possible that I somehow discarded an item but I cannot think what it may have been. In any event, with full inventory and full gear I can plant and water. If the the problem repeats, I will try and track down the issue further.

Now for a beer.

Thanks for everyone's input. This was a frustrating issue.

Soryu

13. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I'm glad that removing everything fixed the glitch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.