1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Client Crashes in specific Areas in Towns (790)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Senash Kasigal, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

1. Title: Client Crashes in specific Areas in Towns
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details:
      Coming from this Bugreport, I checked today other cities, trying to narrow down the bug.
      I cheched all possible Entrances from thw OW in the Drachvald Region.
      I found 3 Cities with Client Crashes:
      Spite:
      South Entrance - ok
      North Entrance - ok
      Docks - Crash
      If I enter Spite from South or North Entrance and ran to the Docks, the Client crashes when I reach the Docks Area!
      PoT Covenant of the Phoenix:
      The entrance from the OW it the Side Dock 1 and ok, but if I ran to the Main Docks and enter this Area the Client crashes.
      Dracheninsel:
      The entrance from the OW is the Main Dock. Different from Build 789, I can now enter, but if I ran around in the Main Docks Area, at some point the Client will crashes.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: see details
    6. User Specs: Win 10 Pro 1803, 32 Gb Ram, i7-4790K, nVidia GTX 1080ti OC 417.35
    Edit:
    I changed the Town Spawn Area from Main Docks to a Side Dock so that I can do furter Testing in my PoT.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Reached our Guildhouse, Keep Island, and now I have constant Client Crashes after resume and trying to move.
    Area: Dracheninsel (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Dracheninsel) Loc: (-220,1, 77,5, -266,4) DBG: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWNoZW5pbnNlbHwoLTIyMC4xLCA3Ny41NDEsIC0yNjYuNDI3KXwoMCwgLTAuOTk2LCAwLCAtMC4wODcpfDE3MC4wMTU4fDEwfDYuMTQxODY=

3. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

With a fresh install of SotA.QA 0-790 from the overworld, I entered Spite and selected the docks entrance. I had no crashes when trying 4 times.

01/20/2019 08:06
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.790.Date.01.19.19
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (153.3, 36.0, 270.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDE1My4zMTUsIDM2LjAxMywgMjcwLjU0OSl8KDAsIC0wLjc5MywgMCwgMC42MDkpfDI1NS4wMDQyfDEwfDEyLjMxOTk5

Feeyo likes this.
  4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Ok, New Installation and this time I deleted manually the two remaining directories
    • User/AppData/Roaming/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar(QA)/...
    • User/AppData/LocalLow/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar(QA)/...
    Now, I have no Client Crashes anymore. I hope it stays that way after the next patch.

Feeyo, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

confirmed. i didn't even have to reinstall, i just used my existing 790 and deleted

~/.config/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar(QA)/
    ~/.config/unity3d/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar(QA)

and that stopped the crashing, the coil whine i'd been hearing this qa, and a good portion of the hitching. (i suspect it's just the second folder that's to blame.)

Senash Kasigal, Feeyo and Jaesun like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Interesting thanks,