Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved]Crashing constantly.

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Anvar, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I run a 3 monitor setup in surround, most often I load Sota and resize it to 1920x1080 running in a borderless window on 1 monitor. Atm if I do that once the mouse goes outside of the screen it crashes 90% of the time.

I then tried running in 3 monitor surround and it also crashed after about 5 minutes (Screen goes whiteish and
    nothing responds then you get a windows End task/ cancel button) I tried leaving it as Ive seen this before
    in previous releases but it doesnt come back as it has in the past when I click cancel.

The game hasnt created a crashlog so nothing to send.

Im using an i7 @4ghz. 16gb ram. nvidia 970. windows 10 all updated.

2. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Ive deactivated my other 2 displays (I use a program called display fusion to switch between profiles) and Ive not had it crash yet with just one monitor enabled.

3. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Not had any more issues since the patch that fixed the death magic crashes, a friend was in the same zone casting death so it might well have been that crashing me.

4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i'm using also a 2 monitor configuration .. and i have a lot of crashes.. i can use only the "fastest" video options to reduce number of crashes... do you think that crashes increases when your are near devotionals (for example at mediolanum city in hidden valley) ?

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have responded to your reports of crashes with our tech team's response in previous threads.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're happy to hear that our fixes in previous builds have addressed your crashing. If you continue to encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to write back in.

7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

talking to Anvar

8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Sorry didnt see that reply till now, No Ive had no other issues other than when death magic was crashing it. The game Ive found to be more stable in the past running in borderless / window mode than full screen, but Ive run the game fine on many pcs with multiple monitors and also single, and on cards from a gtx 460 upto a gtx 970. 16gb ram helped quite a bit though I found when I upgraded, but that was about memory leak issues not crashes

Gatsu. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.