Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game crashing at 68% on load screen

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by deadmeat2011, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadmeat2011

deadmeat2011 Avatar

I had the 94% loading error yesterday ,but still cannot log into my character (in Resolute) . Either resume or load into map gets to 68% then the sound cuts out and I get .exe failed and drop to desktop. No issues at all up until yesterdays 94% bug. Thanks for any help
    1. Title: Character load error
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? yes
    4. Details: Trying to log into my character either in Resolute of to map , screen gets to 68%,music stops and I get an .exe error
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Has been like this since yesterdays patched 94% bug
    6. User Specs:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@deadmeat2011
    Are you able to go to the world map? Or is that where you are trying to get into Resolute? I am not quite sure if this a symptom of yesterday's problem where once you do that, it will allow you to enter Resolute once again.
    Are you playing through steam or the Sota client directly?

If you are playing through steam have you tried this:

Steam file integrity check -
    Load Steam. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu. Select the "Local Files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Also, if you are playing through Steam can you check to see if the steam launcher needs to be updated?

3. Lexie

@deadmeat2011
    We looked further and we can't find any issues with your account itself. I am confident that the file check will work through Steam, but let me know how it goes :)

4. deadmeat2011

deadmeat2011 Avatar

That's sorted it Lexie,after a steam file verification it said I had 8 files that couldn't be verified. 650mb later and all is ok. Not sure what happened there,I was fine up until this time yesterday. Thanks again team!

Lexie likes this.
  5. Lexie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.