Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved]Is my character broken?

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Juan Solo, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Hello, i start to play SotA two weeks ago, i am enjoying the game but i am finding that i have quite wired issues with my character.
    I am not able to complete missions, thing that my guild friends made with no problems and i dont.
    For example:

Min Liang Tan mission.
    Speak with Min Liang Tan - I did. Travel to the tower of the Shuttred Eye - did it also. Killed Ming and next thing i see is him alive again and cant report of his death.
    [​IMG]
    Mission in Vertas with Kiakis.
    I find Kiakis in Vertas but i am not able to continue my mission. I tried all the key words from the chat even wrote one that are not there like : quest, dagger, item, etc.
    This is how it should be:
    [​IMG]
    This is how i see it (and i tried bonesteel)
    [​IMG]

Other thing i cant do is plant. First i was thinking it is about permissions but then i speak with the person i am living and we try all, even in NPC`s lands near Soltown there is a farmer planting cotton. My seed is on my bar i have the bucket of waer and my tool is 100/100 and equiped. He is doing the emoticon but the message is the next: You used Sow seed but it hits nothing. The land is never green, i tryed doble clic or E and its never green, my cursor mouse is brown and dont open any option.
    [​IMG]
    What i tried to do:
    Im playing from Steam launcher and allready did the option of repair local files. Create a new offline character but then i remember i need a house xD

Some questions:

If i will delete my character (think I doubt it will fix my situation) what is going to stay?
    Friend List?
    Items from the bank?
    Learned recipes?
    Quests?

Hope to get some answers soon and sorry for my English.

Sonja and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

[​IMG]

One thing i would like to celar is that this is my second character, i all ready tried one and figure how the game works, then i delete him and create a new one with the same name, chose from the Oracle the archer path but travel to other places and make other quests from different locations and finished wearing double blades (i dont know if this have something to do with) and i think that some quests or item from my bank even the player friend list still untouched. Don`t know if its normal.

Sonja likes this.
  3. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Sonja and Paladin Michael like this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Looking at your account on Live, it looks like the tasks related to Ardoris have already been cleared. The issue in Spite is that you hadn't yet spoken with Yama in the bar. Yama unlocked Charon for your character to get to Malice.

I'm still investigating the state issue with your Path of Truth in Vertas. Had you not received the book from him? How did you end up getting to Kiakis originally? Did you have the quest to speak with him when you first met and spoke with him?

5. Attenwood

@Juan Solo After review, I believe I've identified where the Truth questline broke in your case. It seems an unrelated NPC in Kiln (a faun named May-May) triggered a quest flag that is also incorrectly applied to Kiakis (g_fauntold). Since the faun gave the flag before Kiakis could, Kiakis acts like he already updated your quest.

We're fixing this issue internally by adjusting the flag that Kiakis sets. This fix should make it in for Release 51.

Thank you for reporting! We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Rentier, Sonja, Rada Torment and 2 others like this.
  6. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

OK. I have to tell you something that I completely forgot. First i create an account from SotA web and download the SotA launcher, i didn't install the game for complete (but he create some folders in my PC)
    After watching some videos and read some reviews i stop the download processes (at 15% approx) because i decided to buy the game but from Steam (and Steam creates his own folders)
    At this moment I was pretty disappointed all ready after all i try and decide to delete the game and reinstall it again when i saw 2 installed SotA apps in my hardware.
    (This explane why my .abc files from MIDI do not apear with /playlist command from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar_Data\Data\Songs\ but do apear from C:\Users\”XXXXXXX”\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Sheet Music%APPDATA%\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Sheet Music)
    Don`t know this all are my theories....
    OK then i reinstall the game, launch it and this what i have:
    [​IMG]
    The problem still there.
    I close the game and went to launch. After 30 min re log. Same spot, without speaking with no NPC (because i did it all ready with Yama) and after i get your answer. The situation changed.
    [​IMG]
    And now i am able to pick the ferry and travel to Malice.
    Don`t know what really happened but it works for me now.
    I have to check if i am able to farm. I´l keep you in touch.

Sonja likes this.
  7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Good report Juan! maybe this can help others with same issues.

Sonja and Juan Solo like this.
  8. Attenwood

You'll notice that your tasks are different between screenshots. In the first you still had the task "Find out how to enter Malice" which indicates you should speak with Yama. As part of testing your character's potentially broken state, I spoke with Yama which progressed the quest by one task, which is why you have in the second screenshot "Meet with Charon," and why Charon is correctly speaking with you to give you access to Malice.

Hope this clarifies why he's was working when you next tried.

Best,
    Attenwood

Rentier and Juan Solo like this.
  9. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Oh, so it was my fault? or my story quest line is a little bit broken? if so i`m so sorry.

About planting. We are thinking the developers changed the permission options from release 49 to 50 to not allow Tenants to use objects placed in houses, even when the Tenant is also Kindred. It seems very related to me not being able to use the Kindred Pots even though my access is set at Kindred Tenant.

Next log in the access from Kindred Tenant to Kindred will be changed. Hope it will change the situation.

And thank you for all @Attenwood

10. Attenwood

A little from column A, and a little from column B. The Love questline was just not getting the correct response from an NPC. Your story quest line is definitely a little broken for the Truth quest trying to speak to Kiakis, which is what we're fixing.

You may need to switch between Tenant or Kindred modes while on the lot to be able to use Kindred or Tenant placed items.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.