1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Jotungrund - My "signal fire" quest appears to be bugged

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Rinaldi, Mar 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

03/29/2022 10:56
    Title: Jotengrund - My "signal fire" quest appears to be bugged
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: I have been doing this daily quest intermittently since its inception. A while ago, I talked to wymond and got the daily quest to ignite one of the signal fires, but did not feel like running all over jotungrund, so i did not ignite the fire. Recently i went back, and talked to wymond. He just tells me to light the fire "that i mentioned" (this part is not a bug, but it is a problem...I have no idea what signal fire he wants me to light. There is no listing in the journal or tasks that tells me which one i need to light, nor does wymond tell me. I think it used to show the appropriate signal tower as blue on the compass and on the map, but the info should still be available from wymond and in the journal/tasks). So, now for the bug...Wymond tells me i still need to go light the tower, but none of the towers are blue, and clicking on all 8 signal towers shows that i cannot light them. Also, there are no blue tower POI markers on my compass or on the map. I came in here with a group and a few member sof the group did the signal fire quest for the 1st time, but i am not sure if that is what caused my issue. How can i reset the quest? (also, I do not have a marker in my inventory),
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1517.Date.03.23.22
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_Jotungrund
    Area Display Name: Jotungrund
    Loc: (-441.0, 33.6, 1889.0)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9Kb3R1bmdydW5kfHwoLTQ0MC45OTgsIDMzLjU3NCwgMTg4OC45OTMpfCgwLCAwLjc4LCAwLCAtMC42MjUpfC0xMDIuNjMwN3wyMy42OTYwOXwxMi4yODgzOA==

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I sifted through Wymond's signal fire quest. Here's some thoughts.

This should be OK. There's no minimum time in which you need to complete the task like, for example, the fox-and-rabbit quest in Castle Atos. You're allowed to complete any of these signal fire tasks according to your own time table.

Wymond's response is a catch-all response that tells me you have a flag for one of the "go light the signal fire" tasks. It also tells me you don't yet have the flag that says you ignited a signal fire.

You get a new journal entry each time you're sent to a new signal tower. There are eight signal towers, but the one closest to the camp (the north tower) is only available the first time around and won't be given as one of the dailies. This means the dailies can send you to the towers in the E, NE, NW, S, SE, SW, or W. If you randomly get sent to a signal tower you've been to before, you don't get a new journal entry.

I wonder if you didn't visit all the signal towers when you went searching for the current target.

Even if you don't get a new journal entry, you should always have a blue compass marker. Because Jotungrund is super-huge, the blue compass marker may be hard to see when the target signal tower is across the scene.

I double-checked the assignments for all the towers and they all have the correct data.

I feel you should have been able to click on one of the signal fires. The flag that makes Wymond give his "go light the signal fire" response is the same one that is required to light the signal fire, so you should be able to trigger one of them.

I may need to log into your character so I can try to complete the task and see what is specifically not working. Is this OK with you?

Issue #70333

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi Sannio, Thanks for the detailed response.
    I did try 2 times to light all the signal fires, leaving and re-entering the zone each time i tried.
    I know you got lots of stuff to do...
    After the new release tomorrow, I'll try again.
    If the issue persists, I'll let you know and you can masquerade as Rinaldi for a while :)
    Thanks!

4. Sannio

That's a good idea! Sometimes things like this "fix themselves" after an update. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

5. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi Sannio,
    With R100, this issue seems to be resolved...this is what happened:
    In R99: no blue quest marker on compass, no blue colored tower, and clicking on all 8 towers just stated that I could not light the towers.
    In R100: no blue quest marker on compass or map (I looked when i was at each tower, so I was near to the point of interest), no blue color tower, but this time when I clicked on the East signal tower it ignited (it still gave the message that I could not light the tower, but i think that was because I double-clicked on the tower). Just to be sure, I clicked on all 8 towers, then returned to wymond and he acknowledged that i lit the tower and gave me the marker.

So, something was wonky with my quest. Maybe something got corrupted? The new release allowed me to finally complete the quest, but the blue "quest highlights" on the compass and tower were still missing.
    I will run the quest again tomorrow to see if the "blue highlights" start working again now that i was able to complete the quest.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  6. Sannio

Thanks for the update!

I don't know what happened. Maybe a game update had a corrupt file or something, but was corrected with the latest update. Hopefully it keeps working correctly for you!

Anpu likes this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Re-ran the quest and everything worked fine...blue quest markers must have reset when i completed the quest, because i can see them now.
    So, loading the new patch solved everything. Musta been a corrupted thing-a-ma-bob.
    Marked as Resolved !

Sannio, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.