1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Kinsey not awarding title, emote for solace bridge outskirts completion (legacy)

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by kaeshiva, Feb 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

02/13/2022 17:35
    Title: Kinsey not awarding title, emote for solace bridge outskirts completion (legacy)
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details:
    I have completed this questline several times over the years (used the quest reset at some point) and have done it on two accounts.

Kinsey acknowledges that I have completed it (she talks about me having done all I can for them, and sending me on to Stanley in Soltown which I also did, many years ago). I came back to try and get the caregiver title and Kinsey does not give it, no amount of keywords, dialogue (or verbal abuse) is making any difference.

I walked into Blood River and Highvale, and just on opening the dialogue boxes with those two, i was able to get Sentinel and Sage titles. Its Kinsey, she hates me, she's always hated me, and she still hasn't given me the formal love salute either, and I come back here every 6 months or so to see if its fixed and it still isn't. I know this has likely been bugged before, but as other players including my alt ARE able to get this, there's obviously something hinky with my character or quest flags or somesuch, I guess. I'd really like the title and emote, though.

Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Kinsey and nothing happens.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU RAM: 12143
    SotA.Win.64.1507.Date.02.11.22
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-87.4, 34.6, 124.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtODcuNDI4LCAzNC41NTksIDEyNC4yMTgpfCgwLCAwLjc4OCwgMCwgMC42MTUpfDEwNC4zMDkzfDE3LjAxNjc4fDcuNzAyMjYy

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@kaeshiva, i think the calm private preston quest was added later, possibly after you did the rest of them. have you done that quest on that character?

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I do recall doing that quest and I do have the /calmdown emote I believe it awards (unless I'm totally thinking of the wrong thing).

I ran around and talked to other people in the outskirts to see if anything would pop but I got nothing.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@kaeshiva , I have some questions for you to help me understand what Kinsey thinks your quest flags are.
    1. Regarding the "Caregiver title," what does Kinsey say when you say when you say "hello" to her?
      1. "I've one last request for you..." is when she gives you the report for Stanley and the "Caregiver" title.
      2. "Thank you again for all your assistance. Please remember..." is what she says after you have the report but haven't given it to Stanley. She'll give you the Caregiver title here if you don't already have it.
      3. "Thank you again for all your assistance here in the outskirts." She'll say this if you have delivered the report to Stanley but don't have the "Caregiver" title yet.
      4. "Thanks again for all your assistance here in the outskirts." She'll say this if you have the "Caregiver" title.
      5. "Well again, $name$." This is her fallback response if nothing else applies. (The "$name$" variable will be your character name.)
    2. Regarding the Formal Love Salute emote...
      1. Did you find the missing scout first? You can only unlock this if you found Sigourney and reported back to Kinsey. Say "Sigourney" to Kinsey and you'll know she believes you finished it when she says this "Lieutenant Sigourney is our best scout. And very important to me on a personal level. Thank you for letting me know she's safe."
      2. When you say "Formal Love Salute" to Kinsey, what does she say?
        1. "The Love Salute is very well known around these parts..." means you completed the "missing scouts" quest and should be awarded the "Caregiver" title.
        2. "I hope our formal love salute serves you well in our lands, $name$." This is what she says after you were awarded the "Caregiver" title.
        3. If she says anything else, it's because she thinks you didn't finish the "missing scouts" quest.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hi Sannio,
    Thanks for looking into this.
    I went back to Kinsey just now, after trying this just the other day when I posted the report, and she has now given the title as expected just upon opening the dialogue box.
    Obviously Kinsey has been following me and knows I told on her to the devs that she was being stingy with the titles so decided to cooperate.

Out of interest, AFTER I tried (and failed) with Kinsey, I went to the other two outskirts and got those fine. So maybe getting those somehow fixed this one to be gettable? I haven't really done anything else questish.

Question 2:
    When I say "formal love salute" she says,
    "How peculiar of you to say so. Stay on guard. There are bandits in the nearby swamps.

When I say "hello", she says
    "Stars above, Shimizu, I'm glad you're here. Are you here to help, or do you need directions?
    (if I click help, I get the "you've done all you can for us, please take that report to Stanley in Soltown" (but I don't have a report for Stanley anymore, I turned that in ages ago).

When I say "Sigorney" she says the thing about Signorney is our best scout and important to me on a personal level.

I definitely don't have the emote, however:
    [​IMG]

I've tried clicking all the suggested words too, as well as saying other things to Kinsey some of which are too impolite to type on the forum >.<

Anpu likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Since you mentioned that this had something to do with Sitgourney, I ran back out to the ebon dawn area and found her. Interestingly, her name was only "Scout" even though I know I've done this bit before!)
    I clicked through all of the options and mentioned "ebon dawn" to Sigourney, which gave me some sort of update, and now I've gone back to Kinsey and SUCCESS, AT LONG LAST, I have formal love salute.
    Just wanted to let you know, in case someone else gets stuck, it is apparently possible to finish everything here, and miss this - possibly because I did it a long, long, LONG time ago but don't know if it is still breakable.
    Thanks for the steer on the quest flags. All fixed. Meow <3

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@kaeshiva Thanks for all the double-checking and updates! I'm glad you have the title and emote. It's always tricky adding extra rewards while making sure all avatars that already completed the tasks were "grandfathered" and can still get them somehow. I wish it had been easier for you to collect both, but it's good to know that you were eventually able to get them with a little perseverance.

kaeshiva and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.