1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Love virtue increases after logging out

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by By Tor, Feb 14, 2024.

1. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

02/14/2024 08:48
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Using the shroud's buffs, I noticed that when I log out, my avatar has .1 - .2 extra points of dexterity next time I'm on. I am not doing any quests other than ones to reduce love (dexterity).
    Steps to Reproduce: Play, check shroud, log off, log on.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12) System RAM: 16277
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8059
    SotA.Win.64.1697.Date.02.06.24
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Broochash
    Area Display Name: Broochash
    Loc: (164.8, 36.0, 274.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9Ccm9vY2hhc2h8fCgxNjQuODM4LCAzNi4wMTMsIDI3NC4yMDQpfCgwLCAtMC40MzIsIDAsIC0wLjkwMil8NTEuNTM0MzJ8MjMuMDA4NDV8NS4yMjQxNTg=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@By Tor , I'm a little confused. The post title says your "Love Virtue" increases after logging out, but your post details say your "Dexterity" has increased when you log in, and that you're doing quests to reduce "love (dexterity)." I think you're specifically reporting your Dexterity is slightly higher when you log in while wearing a Shroud of the Avatar item, but I'm not 100% sure. Could you confirm if I'm correct, or let me know if I am wrong?

Also, does your Dexterity return to normal while you are playing, or does it just keep increasing more and more each time you log in?

Here are some notes related to your report.
    1. Your Love score and your Dexterity value are unrelated. One does not affect the other. If they both seem to change at the same time, then it is a coincidence.
    2. There are no quests that affect Dexterity. The quest system can increase or decrease your Love (or Truth or Courage) scores, but it can't affect your Dexterity or other character stat.

3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

The dexterity mentioned was from the actual shroud. After doing anti- love quests, the shrouds dexterity bonus was gone. Then, on its own, it's starts to increase again. I'm not doing anything to effect it but that one virtue/stat just keeps increasing on its own (back up to +.5 as of now).

I'm sorry if I was too vague on the op. If I didn't clear it up, please let me know.

4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I saw another question you asked: does dexterity ever normalize? The answer is no. I had logged off for a few days and logged back in and the shrouds dexterity made a jump while offline again from +.5 to +.7 dexterity. Apparently, my avatar is doing love quests while I'm sleeping.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@By Tor, any chance it's being affected by moon worship? that's a dex boost when the moon is up (which is NOT the same as "at night")

By Tor and Sannio like this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

That's possible! I never thought of that but it makes complete sense. Thanks Alley!

7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

It wasn't the moon attunement. My dexterity bonus is only reflected when wearing the shroud which means my love virtue must be investing in its own. The bonus is constant.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

okay, just to be clear: is it YOUR dex that is increasing, and the stats shown by the shroud are not changing, or the stats on the shroud ARE changing and your dex is reflecting that same amount?

By Tor likes this.
  9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

The dexterity bonus was changing. I get it down and it continued to increase. It has stopped increasing now at +.8 . The opposing stat (was it magical resistance?) also decreases as dexterity increases.

10. Alley Oop

so it IS your love virtue going up. you've got to be doing something that affects it that you're not aware of. @Sannio, do you have a handy search for seeing his recent virtue changes and the flags they're from?

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

That's the strange thing. I'm very careful about quests that effect love. All I do is anti love quests.

12. Alley Oop

there's more than actual quests that affects virtue. in the case of your demonstrations of love, you've been showing care and involvement in your community by asking a lot of local npcs their name recently.

13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Whoa. I had no idea that effected love. How strange. I guess that must be it. Thanks for looking into it. Much appreciated!

Sannio and Alley Oop like this.