Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Pressing M toggles the compass but does not open SotaMap

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by niteowl57, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

9/23/2017 8:06 PM
    Title: Pressing M toggles the compass but does not open SotaMap
    Reproduction Rate: 100% on Overworld and in Highvale Outskirts, assume everywhere
    Blocker? no, I can use a web browser on the laptop; of course, that doesn't indicate player position in-game
    Details: It may be intended off in QA, but in case it's not intentional, I thought I should report it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Press M to open SotaMap. The compass will toggle off, pressing M again toggles the compass on, but SotaMap does not appear.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32668
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6047
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.554.Date.09.22.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-172.7, 18.4, 93.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTcyLjY3NiwgMTguMzUxLCA5My40NjMpfCgwLCAtMC43NDMsIDAsIC0wLjY3KXwxMzYuMTc5NHwzOC4yMzM4NnwyMA==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

By default sotamap is not bound to a key but it IS accessible through the stained glass window icon and can be mapped in settings for those that want a key.

3. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I was thinking it just worked when I pressed M. I must have mapped it to my M key and forgot I did it. Thanks! If the new release will reset it to None, please include a warning in the Release Notes that we will need to remap it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Alley Oop likes this.
  4. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I don't recall ever having to map it, but I could be wrong. Was almost 2 months ago.

niteowl57 likes this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I had to map Sotamap on a computer that had an older install on it. On that computer it still had the M key mapped to the compass. On this computer the M key was mapped to the M key as well, but never opened Sotamap. When I finally decided to use Sotamap on a regular basis, I remapped the key to something else, I still like the M key toggled to the compass even though I never hide it. :)

However, I installed SotA on a new computer just a few days ago and the M key was mapped to SotaMap and not the compass. It would seem that new installs bind the M key as intended, to open up Sotamap.

niteowl57 and Lexie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.