1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Strange, and not repeatable so far, crash on login

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Aurelius Silverson, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

1. Title:As above!
    2. Reproducible? Not yet.
    3. Blocker? Complete PC crash!
    4. Details:
    Logged in to SotA, got in to Fidra POT and character began 'materialising', then a popup in the centre of the screen with the sota symbol and something about unity (gone far too fast for me to read) , and - black screened PC, no response to any inputs, had to hit the restart button.

Shecking the sota log it seems to have sent you the crash .zip file, but I did notice (doubt it caused the crash, but still a potential problem) "Shader 'Particles/FXVille Blood World Lighting': fallback shader 'Paricles/Alpha Blended' not found" . Typo in there I think, surely the 'fallback' directory is Particles and not Paricles...

Steps to Reproduce: Logging in after PC restart seems to be fine, but then logging in earlier today was fine too, so no idea what happened to trip things up on this occasion

User specs - (also including the error entry in the sota log)
    Initialize engine version: 2018.4.36f1 (6cd387d23174)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ID=0x13c2)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 4037 MB
    Driver: 31.0.15.3623
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.827 seconds
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
    ERROR: Shader Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 11.548000 ms
    GameManagerSceneObject.Awake. 26/06/2023 14:23:13
    SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, graphicsMemorySize=4037, graphicsDeviceType=Direct3D11, operatingSystem=Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit, processorCount=8, processorType=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, systemMemorySize=32717
    SotA.Win.64.1663.Date.06.24.23, LocalTime=26/06/2023 14:23:13, Patch=new-horizons.1
    LanguageManager, Language=English, Culture=en-US, SystemCulture=en-GB, Partner=None
    PreviousApplicationExit status=crash, Scene=POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Fidra, pos=(71.25, 90.236, -32.766), PlayerName=AURELIUS_SILVERSON systemMemorySize=32717
    Steam Initialized: False
    UploadPrevLogFile: Upload completed(062623132314_crashlog.zip): FILE SAVED

Anpu likes this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

@Anpu had a similar error about the shaders of his graphics card every time he entered his town as far as I remember.

Anpu and Aurelius Silverson like this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Baffling one for me on this, though, is this PC is used to log in all three of my accounts almost daily, and in recent weeks one of those has logged in four or five times a day as well to keep an eye on sales - but this one time, it decided to completely lock up my computer, yet after restarting it's back to working fine.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5. Aurelius Silverson

Seems so.

Alley Oop likes this.