Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Updates a mess

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by SpotD, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Title: Updates a mess

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? Yes

Details: Update to 703. Failed to login. Just hung. Waited a couple hours. Now launcher is trying update 703 > 705. Patch Update on website only details updates to 704. Update 703 > 705 Errored. Choice 'Force Launch' or 'Retry'. Chose 'Retry'. Now Launcher is trying 0 >705 (Full reload ?) Do I have time for this ?

User Specs: AMD FX-8350 8 core 4.01GHz, 16Gb, Win7 Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GTX750Ti

Build: 703, 704, 705

Loc: Area: Launcher

2. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Only upside is that launcher is updated at over 1 Mb/s. The fastest I have ever seen it run.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@SpotD
    I know you reported this a few days ago. Are you still having issues as it stands right now? You all patched and good now I hope?
    You may want to try an uninstall and reinstall if you continue to have issues as something may have gone wrong on a prior patching attempt.

4. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Thanks. Yes all good now.

Just a tad annoyed that after multiple patches, some of which seemed small and unnecessary (could have been rolled into a one larger patch), that it errored and instead of a retry on the update (704 > 705) started a 0 > 705 patch. Just seemed like someone threw this up before you all shot off for Thanksgiving without a check. Maybe it was just me affected.

PS - your patch notes on the web site still only show notes up to 704, so I still do not know what the 'interuption to service' was for.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@SpotD
    Yes, rolling out several smaller patches vs a big one has some big pluses - but also its disadvantages to both development and to the community. But I understand; no one likes to get stuck patching. We do try to keep them to a minimum. 705 was all backend related I believe as I cannot find any patch notes to provide you. With the holidays come shorter releases, so the patch updates can be somewhat closer together. Glad to hear you are up and playing again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.