Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resonded] Blood River Outskirts - Scalps for the Vigilantes

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by amaasing, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I was on my way back to the elven camp to talk with Alberic when right outside the gates of the camp was a 'massacre' area with dead elfs that gave me scalps when looted. However the quest did not update and I was still able to go talk to Alberic who sent me to the Blacksmith for 'fake' scalps. The quest should not allow me to do both (get real scalps from dead elfs and get the fake one from Valinia.

Edit: I took both the fake and the real scalps to the Vigilantes and gave both (since I didn't know which to give). Got 2 interesting responses. One talking about the scalps seeming leathery and the other telling me I didn't complete my task and to go back out and get scalps. Seems only the fake scalps were given since the real scalps are still in my inventory.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Why shouldn't it? Will Alberic frisk you to see if you have real elf scalps on your person? No. You didn't have to take the scalps off the dead elfs. In fact, you could have forgone speaking to Alberic and turn the scalps over to Phineas, instead. You have choices, here. It would be wrong to prevent you from making those choices. Now that you have both versions of the scalps, what will you turn in to Phineas?

Rada Torment likes this.
  3. Archer

Archer Avatar

I'm having trouble getting Phineas to accept the scalps in QA 531. I also have both sets but "scalps" does not trigger the trade window

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

"Scalps" wouldn't trigger the trade window because the trade window should pop up on "hello" if you meet all the task's requirements. I'll put in a "scalps" dialogue as a "just in case" like I did with the manifesto.

5. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Played through this again after release to prod and only gave the fake scalps this time. However I received both responses again. The fake scalps were taken and I received my reward however still got the second response telling me to go and complete the task I had been given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.