Respawn of ALL creatures even if not looted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Birne Gilmore, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Heyho there ...

I would like to have a request and/or question on the public opinion on the respawning method of many creatures in the moment. I often see creatures not respawning if I don't loot them. For example this is the case in the Etceter Crag Mines (the ghosts and other undead in the first level). If they are slain and you don't click on the corpse for looting they will stay as a corpse for infinite time. But other creatures (like the Archers and Thugs at that Mine) respawn no matter if they are looted or not.

So my wish is that all creatures should be respawning no matter if looted or not. Of cause the body should stay a while so that people are able to loot it after a long fight with more then one, but I think after 5 mins the corpse sould vanish and the respawn timer should start. That would be more interesting while still not annoying (if the timer is not set to short, like with the slimes at some places (1 min till respawn? rly??? ^^)).

What is your opinion on that?

Tahru likes this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

*shrug* doesn't matter to me either way. I can kill the ghosts fairly quickly in Ecterer...they are more of an annoyance since they stop me from watching my TV show while I am mining. But I don't mind farming the exp while grinding out the gold either.

I imagine its more of a **** move to bring attention to an area of the game that effects other people, instead of yourself. You could always loot the bodies if you don't like them sitting around. I myself don't care how other people play the game...and certainly don't want to ruin the experience for them.

Part of the problem is looting the corpses is not worth much...a few gold? Some Corpse Wax worth even fewer gold? If they dropped a hundred gold, looting would be an automatic reflex.

BTW I always looted the Skellies in Exceter...they don't come back after dying. I even looted the Roaming Archer...he comes back a couple of times..but then I think he spawns somewhere where he gets stuck, because I never see him after a couple deaths.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  4. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Well, I think if we are able to gather the ores there without any work for it (and clicking the button while watching the last GoT season over and over again is NOT work ^^) is not meaningful. And still, a longer time til respawn if not looted would also make those people happy who don't want to fight every 5 mins the same mob. And to "my part" in that: I am in Etceter many hours a day cuz it is my most potent source of mats and gp (by vendoring the mats), so I talk also from a personal perspective here.

I also think that it's unfair out of the perspective of other crafting branches cuz wood and hides do not grow in empty caves ;)

On the loot topic: Japp, a bit more variety and more useful loot would also be a good idea. Don't have to be piles of gold, but some better stuff which can be salvaged or gathered for trophies or reagent uses (and not only corpse wax) would make the slaying more satisfying as well ;)

Tahru likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Not to cut off my own hand, but mines are a joke. It is not that some are not hard, but anyone can go in and just farm the easier parts. Even one floor of some mines starts respawning ore and mobs before you finish a round. I think they should have a random chance to spawn butt kicking bosses in every mine that are so strong the root you so you cannot leave alive. Currently mines are cash cows, and very tedious cash cows at that.

Compare ore to wood. I am a carpenter and wood is many times harder than ore to gather. It is so spread out and there are mobs everywhere.

Duke Olahorand and Birne Gilmore like this.
  6. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Well, such bosses could be a good idea for real high profitable mines, but should not be the "standard" solution for all mines. I think a balanced aproach to mines (with 2-3 skull ones for some nice iron and copper and 4-5 ones for additional gold, silver and gems) would be the best solution on the long scale (till release). For now just a respawn would work fine cuz most mobs in high profitable mines are at least not to easy, knowing that because I help friends to clean the first level and then leave them with their farm ground - They would not ask if they would have no problems with the ghosts ^^

Tahru likes this.
  7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My gut feeling is that undead were prime targets of the earlier 'afk autoattack and/or pet' exploit

Now they only give xp upon looting (mostly) and never decay/respawn

Devs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.