Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Air's Embrace giving incorrect bonus

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Barugon, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

09/21/2019 18:54
    Title: Air's Embrace giving incorrect bonus
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No.
    Details: With 160 air attunement, Air's Embrace (level 140) provides 45.9 dexterity on R69. With the same attunement and skill level, Air's Embrace on R70 QA provides 44.3 dexterity.
    Steps to Reproduce: Just compare the difference between QA and live.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32160
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.QA.Linux.64.872.Date.09.20.19
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_1Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 1-Story Basement
    Loc: (13.3, 5.0, 8.5)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzFGbG9vcnx8KDEzLjMxMiwgNS4wMDUsIDguNTE1KXwoMCwgLTAuODE1LCAwLCAwLjU3OSl8MjU4LjU4MnwxNi4xMDYxM3w0LjkxNjA3

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I guess that since nobody at Portalarium cares, this bug will go live tomorrow.

Lesni likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yup, it made it to R70 live. Here's the skill description on R69:

[​IMG]

Here's R70:

[​IMG]

Note that the skill level and attunement are the same. I perceive this as yet another nerf piled on top of all the other recent nerfs.

Lesni likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So... nothing?

:(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Lesni likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Barugon, we care and you know we do. I believe the changes you're seeing are due to the slight attunement math change. This was a very small change only effected the most extreme cases. Looks like you're an extreme case and even for you it looks like it only changed a bit over a point.

We did not include it in the patch notes because we believed it went out in a patch for R69. I'll get it in the next patch notes update and sorry for the slow response.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

My buffs went down as well enlightenment I lost like int, I agree this was do to the attunement change.

Also my damage across all spells is a little lower.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So it really was another nerf... bummer. :(

I'm not using anything but indestructible gear BTW.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Yes, there was a small exponential element to attunement deltas. That was reduced a tiny bit. Players at a more standard attunement will see less than 1% difference but those at 200+ or even 300+ could see 2-3%. Again, super small nudge in the less powerful direction.

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and Antrax Artek like this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Why can't we have nice things?
    As soon as we start having fun it gets nerfed and usually it is a 'math' change.
    My avatar does not do math but it can tell the difference in the ability to have fun.

One day I can kill every creature I meet and am loving it, BOOM a new patch and I die killing a tree.

[end of rant] :rolleyes:

10. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

We're talking about 1-2 points stat/attunement. Seriously talking, can this thing really influence your performance in pve or even in pvp? We're at the point that people can reach 300-500 points in a single stat and crazy attunement, i'm glad they're looking at some revision if this was necessary.

It all depends on what nice things, if an immune character able to kill end game bosses in few dozens of hits was a nice thing, well i'm happy they got rid of it.

I still remember the 30 pages thread about the archers nerf to then prove that archer is still the best damage dealer in game, i got some 2k+ aimed and 1k+ piercing and charged shot with subpar gear and average skills level (and shared it publicly).

I'm afraid the nerf word is really being used inappropriately most of the time, sometimes the best term is "fixed" or "changed", especially when is something that affects all builds/weapons like the DR boost, which influenced all physical classes and was inteded by some archers as another nerf over the nerf.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I must be careful here. I do not wish to offend or appear to be attacking you.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but seems I remember a lot of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth when your skills were not 'adjusted' to your satisfaction a few months ago and a threat to rage quit. Did I misunderstand those actions?

I've never considered quitting even though I don't agree with many things done by the devs.
    I'm simply expressing my thoughts about these constant changes.
    It seems that a little more forethought and testing would be used when initially setting these parameters.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

At some point, I decided to base my avatar on skills only and not gear, so every point of dexterity is hard-won. This change literally killed weeks of work for me.

13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Likely you remember badly enough, this thing is perhaps the result of word of mouth from some haters or I don't know where it comes from.

I never had a single skill adjusted to my satisfaction (I wish it happened, probably I would not be tired of using a weapon that i don't like at all), the contrary I received nerf to my skills for 3 years without saying a single word.

I've never done a rage quit thread with regards to a nerf, feeling this I'm really thinking you're confusing me with some other user, i did a goodbye thread almost 1 year ago for the lack of pvp contents that is my only playstyle.

And yea to be honest it doens't just sound as an attack but rather a defamation without a foundation prey to a moment of anger I believe.

Thanks for this awesome contribution! these are for sure nice things.

14. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@Antrax Artek
    I actually admire your abilities in the game and your skill.
    I'm not angry, never was and I was trying to not offend you.
    Obviously what I said did.

I apologize for the offense.

The purpose of my post was to say that continual 'balancing' even in small increments is discouraging to players. With a large player base this is not as much of an issue, but SOTA needs everyone to stay and play. Anything that drives players to other 'fun' is not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.