Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded]Build 522 - Devotional Blessing Animation

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Description: There are places all over the world where a devotional blessing animation happens.
    Reproduction rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: This one is hard to describe so it's easiest to watch the sample videos below. I keep running into this and once you find one of these spots, it is easy to reproduce. It's just that the places it occurs are impossible to predict. The animation happens only when moving in a certain direction and you can trigger it repeatedly. I've seen this happen in all kinds of scenes including my own PoT:

1. In a siege
    www.dailymotion.com/video/x5u5dkd

2. In Aerie
    www.dailymotion.com/video/x5u5ido

Steps to Reproduce: Once you find a spot, it's easy to reproduce.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    SotA.EarlyAccessQA.Win.64.522.Date.07.19.17

Area: Forest Siege (SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos) Loc: (-52.9, 30.3, -53.0)
    DBG: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfZm9yZXN0X21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFiX3RlbXBsYXRlL1ZlcmF0IENoYW9zfCgtNTIuOTA2LCAzMC4zMDMsIC01My4wMTUpfCgwLCAxLCAwLCAwLjAyOCl8LTE4My4yMTgzfDExLjI3OTE2fDcuOTMwMzg3

Area: Aerie (Novia_R7_City_Aerie)
    Loc: (-7.0, 28.5, -123.5)
    DBG: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KC02Ljk2MSwgMjguNDk4LCAtMTIzLjQ4NCl8KDAsIC0wLjU2LCAwLCAwLjgyOCl8MjkxLjg4MjV8MTguODAyMzF8OC40MTAzODY=

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This is hard bug to track down. It is currently in live as well. Lexie has been trying to find out why but no luck.

I spent a few minutes with her in one spot that is reproducible for me. But it didn't trigger for her. And she couldn't see it trigger on me when it was triggering for me and I could see it on me.

Lexie and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yeah, this one is not so easy as it first appears....and this is on live as well :(
    When @jiirc could see it on him, I could not. And we were following the exact same repro steps.
    We are still looking into this but I have put this on the back burner a tad bit as we have the new build on QA live, and luckily this one is harmless. Still annoying, granted.
    I'm gonna follow up on our conversation we had, jiirc. We'll get to the bottom of it. Expect to hear from me soon.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.