1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Disable all Lua Add-Ons by using '/lua unload' in local chat or temporarily move all files/folders out of the SotA Lua folder then restart the game.
      Ensure the issue still occurs before submitting a bug; Support staff will not debug Add-On issues
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can't loot

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by chrisjwhite, Mar 29, 2019.

1. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

03/29/2019 13:09
    Title: Can't loot
    Reproduction Rate: about 100%
    Blocker? Blocked from looting (mostly)
    Details: In Kobald Expeditionary Camp, right around the arena, whole area shows green mouse cursor even when no dead mobs. Can loot if switch to first person mode. (Discovered that after I lost a few)
    Steps to Reproduce: Go there, kill stuff, try to loot. Some I could, a lot I couldn't
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32717
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8080
    SotA.Win.64.938.Date.03.28.19
    Area: KoboldBattleCamp2/Multiplayer
    Area Display Name: Kobold Expeditionary Camp
    Loc: (4.2, 32.0, 2.4)
    Debug: S29ib2xkQmF0dGxlQ2FtcDJ8TXVsdGlwbGF5ZXJ8KDQuMTk0LCAzMS45OTgsIDIuMzc0KXwoMCwgMC42NjYsIDAsIC0wLjc0Nil8NjM2LjY4Nzd8NDcuOTIyMjl8MTg=

2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

YOu can also shift the camera around. Especially useful is moving the camera between the mob and the center of the arena.

Notes to dev: this was an issue in Naryad kobolds as well but was fixed.

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Sounds like more information will be needed on this one. If there was a related issue that was already addressed, please re-post with that information.

4. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I had went in for essence collecting. I exited and re-entered the scene but still did the same thing. It's like there was a large area of something wanted to be clicked on or picked up. It even extended outside the fence of the "arena".

I downloaded 939 and it's still doing it. You don't even need to kill anything. A dev may need to go there and see if there is some invisible object or something.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. nimueCW

nimueCW Avatar

This has been around for a while. The area is part of a quest and can targeted, which seems to cause looting issues with things at the "boundary" of the arena target area.

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Jaesun and Echondas like this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

Thanks @Lord Subtleton :)

I can take a video of this if you folks need help seeing what’s happening